Chapter 22

"Teacher Ardea." Leonia said holding some jelly snacks over her fork. Ardea and Luciana turned at her while eating the same snacks.

"What's Countess Tedross likes?" Leonia asked him while eating the jelly. Luciana and Ardea take a bite of the jelly.

"The Countess..." Ardea said. Leonia stare at him while Luciana continued eating from beside.

"That Mister found two tutors for me, but..." Leonia thought before stare at Luciana who eat in silence.

"Most of all, Lady Lucy already become their student since she was ten. At first, Mr. Ardea would gave me and Lady Lucy different lesson since we're not in the same level yet but I slowly managed to study with her at the same level as her." Leonia thought.

"Teacher Ardea always like that. He's one of the people who I respected." Leonia remember when Luciana said that to her.

"If Lady Lucy said that, Mr. Ardea must have taking care of her." Leonia thought nodding her head. After Leonia become close to Ardea, she joined their conversation while eating snacks like they did right now.

"I do remember. Although the name I remembered is Cerena Meleocca." Ardea said after thinking for a while.

"Count Meleocca comes from a well-known family with a residence in the capital. Due to his origin from a central part of the country unlike others of the hereditary aristocracy, he doesn't have much influence in the north." Ardea said.

"The nobles I'm referring to are families like the Boleoti, who've protected the North from the beginning. Going back in industry, most of the hereditary aristocracy have their roots in the Boleoti family. A few of them even possess 'The Beast Fang's'." Ardea said make Leonia turned at him.

"Is he talking about people like Regina...?" Leonia thought.

"Or like Kieran family who protected the East of the Empire." Ardea said taking Luciana's attention. Luciana turned at them.

"Kieran also like Boleoti. Not everyone know about this family since it was almost forgettable for a decades ago. If Boleoti possessed 'The Beast Fang', Kieran possessed 'The Thirst Demon'." Ardea said glance towards Luciana make she flinched.

"... I heard the current Marquis Kieran come here to help the Duke, right?" Ardea asked them. Leonia nodded to him. Ardea stare at Luciana for a long time. "I see then." Ardea said.

"Kieran was supposed to become Duke but they preferred to become Marquis because of The Previous Marquis Kieran's requested." Ardea explained to her.

"Back to the topic. People like the Former Lady Meleocca were famous in high society. She's someone who spouts poison." Ardea said.

"She enjoys playing with people through her words. There's always backhanded insults and criticism. Embedded with her compliments and worries." Ardea said.

"A wounded hurt doesn't heal easily." Luciana said taking their attention. They turned at her but she just continue eat. Leonia glance to Ardea's jelly. Ardea noticed it.

"... Has she gotten to you too?" Ardea asked Leonia make she flinched. "Hmm..." Leonia humming while Ardea take his jelly away from her.

"... It's been three times already." Leonia coldly said.

"She kept mocking me for being illegitimate child, being lucky enough to have the Duke take me in and looked down on me for being of low birth, despite the hard work I put in." Leonia said before her eyes more darkened when she remembered that Cerena gave insults to Luciana more than her.

"But she also kept mocking Lady Lucy for being adopted daughter who never knew her place while Lady Lucy never like that. She easily poked her forehead while critics her. Even so, Lady Lucy is still Lady Of Boleoti. She can't touched her easily." Leonia grumbled slowly. Luciana just stayed silence from beside.

"Let's just don't fall for her jabs." Luciana said while sipping her tea. "Right~" Leonia said laughing happily while Ardea nervously laughed at her.

"If Lady Tedross is that desperately begging for death..." Leonia said stabbed Ardea's jelly make he surprised while Luciana looked at somewhere else.

"Shouldn't we listen to her?" Leonia and Luciana said controlling their anger.

"I'll tell the Duke everything once he returns~" Leonia said while eat the jelly. Ardea stare at the terrifying girls in front of him.

He can saw that Leonia was controlling her Beast Fang while Luciana was unaware about her Thirst Demon that almost unseal from her body.

"Leonia is one of the North's black beast while Luciana is one of the East's dark demon. Even at this age. Their cruel and heartless side like Phileo and Adrian." Ardea thought as he knows the birth of Luciana.

"They're a monsters who simply lying in wait. Waiting for the chance to bare their fangs and claws." Ardea thought staring at them.

"Now, that the house of Count Tedross is doomed... My jelly..." Ardea thought crying for his jelly.

After that, Leonia go to change her clothes but Ardea want to see Luciana for a moment. Luciana looked at him in confusion.

"Lady. You know about your birth, right?" Ardea asked her. Luciana was hesitant but nodded to him. He hummed at her.

"... My Lady, please tried to control your anger until Marquis come back." Ardea said make she confused. "What do you mean?" Luciana said. Ardea stare at her.

"... It's seem like you have Thirst Demon, Lady. But you didn't train or know about this since you were little and it's really dangerous if you unseal the power without knowing how to control it." Ardea said make Luciana looked at him in wide eyes.

"W-What happen if I accidentally unseal it?" Luciana asked him. Ardea gently patted her shoulder.

"You will die."