Chapter 8

The Boleotis have always been the reigning power of the North, even if the opposing party was the Imperial family.

There are so many reasons for that, especially-

The beast's fang.

An 'aura' can only be archived by those who have archived a certain level of swordsmanship. A sort of magic is called 'mana'.

This is completely different.

Phileo glared down at the people in front of him using his beast's fang. "That's the ability right there." Rupert thought.

"Mister!" The lovely voice said from beside.

"Mister!" Leonia said as Meleis was carried her in her arms. Meleis then gently put her down and letting Leonia running towards Phileo.

"You'll get hurt." Phileo said bringing her at his arms. "Why? I was the best at running away back in the orphanage." Leonia said frowning at him. "You'll come your sense once that gets you a broken nose." Phileo said.

"But why do you have to be so serious?" Leonia said glaring at him. "Beside that, did you have to run away from the orphanage that often?" Phileo asking her.

"Yeah, since those people were always trying to hit me." Leonia 'innocently' said loudly make the hall become tense.

"Ah, did Lucy already inside her room?" Phileo suddenly remember his older daughter and turned at Meleis. "Sir Manuce already escorted and stay by her side, My Lord." Meleis said.

"Why did Lady Lucy didn't join us?" Leonia asked him. "... She didn't need to come here." Phileo said glancing at somewhere else.

"I know that Leonia gonna torture the guests and I don't want to let Lucy see that." Phileo thought.

"Oh, it's Mr. Secretary!" Leonia said noticing Rupert from beside. "Lady Leonia, it's nice to see you again." Rupert said bowing at her.

"Just call me Rupert. I'm relieved to see you well." Rupert said smiling at her. "I have been eating and sleeping well!" Leonia happily said. "I'm so relieved to hear that." Rupert said.

Meanwhile with Luciana.

Luciana blankly stare at somewhere else while holding some book. Manuce was standing beside her like always. He has become her personal knight ever since she came to the mansion.

"My Lady...? Do you need something? I can ask the maid to bring some refreshments for you." Manuce said when he noticed her well being. Luciana ignored him before close the book.

"Manuce... You know that Leonia maybe Father's illegitimate child or something right?" Luciana asked him make he surprised.

"Well..." Manuce hesitantly said. "Leonia acting like Father, look exactly like Father... While me..." Luciana mumbled slowly but Manuce heard her.

"Lady, do you think His Grace hate you?" Manuce suddenly asked her make she turn at him. "... I don't know..." Luciana said.

"My Lady, His Grace love you as his daughter. You're really important to him." Manuce said kneeling in front her. Luciana stare at him before slowly look down.

"... I'm important to him because I'm just a slave... That he adopted me because to shut the nobles mouth..." Luciana slowly said.

"But now... Leonia is here. She will become the heir and take my place here..." Luciana want to said that to him but stopped since she already tell him too much.

"Sorry... You can ignore it." Luciana said looking away from him. Manuce stare at her before stands up.

"... Lady, I know that His Grace will get mad at me but do you want to see them?" Manuce said to her. Luciana quickly turned at him and nodded slowly.

A few minutes later.

"You should've lived your life better." Leonia darkly said to them. Luciana and Manuce was looking at them from the stairs.

"That's right. The Dean and I have so ma~ny memories in particular." Leonia said smiling coldly at the Dean.

"Why did you abuse us so much? Adults like you and the teachers should have protected us. So why'd you live that." Leonia said make the Dean trembling in fear.

"Hmm? Why'd you do that?" Leonia said again. Phileo stare at her from behind.

"And I came to the orphanage in the fall season, not the summer." Leonia said throwing her shoes at his head. "At least remember the date." Leonia coldly said.

Leonia then take out something. "What's that?" Phileo asked her.

"A gift for our guests!" Leonia happily said.

"A Requiem." Leonia smiled evilly while Phileo stare coldly at it.

Luciana stare down at them before gripped the handle at the stairs. Manuce was quite shocked about Leonia's personality that exactly like Phileo's.

"See? They look alike." Luciana thought in sadness.

"I'm not like them at all."