Chapter 21

The day of the monsters hunt.

In the early morning, The Knights and Phileo already prepared for their hunt. Luciana and Leonia was awake to watched them for last time.

Leonia yawns loudly beside her and tried to keep awake. "Why aren't you going back to asleep? Your mouth is going to rip." Phileo said to her and brought her to his arms. "Ugh!!! It's cold!" Leonia said in surprise.

"You're leaving..." Leonia mumbled and rubbed her eyes. Phileo stare at her. "Go and get more sleep. Don't force yourself to wake up." Phileo said to her.

Leonia looked at Connie as she suddenly remembered something. "Put me down. I'll give you that." Leonia said walked towards Connie.

She gave Phileo a basket full of biscuits that she baked make he surprised. "When did you bake this?" Phileo asked her.

"Secretly at night...." Leonia yawned again loudly. "Well, I'm your daughter..." Leonia said to him.

Luciana looked at them from beside and looked down at her baked muffins. She glance at Mina that bring the basket full of muffins.

"... I'm scared. If he would hate this... Like two years ago." Luciana thought staring at the muffin.

Luciana then noticed the other knights uniform beside the Boleoti's Knights. It's from Kieran's Knights. Adrian was talking with Noah while wearing the Knight's uniform.

After finished talked with Leonia, Phileo looked around and found Luciana not too far away from everyone. "Lucy-" He tried to call her but stopped when Luciana already walking towards someone.

"Marquis!" Adrian and Noah stopped talking when they noticed her. "Lucy." Adrian said smiling at her.

"Uh... Please be safe and have a nice trip." Luciana shyly said to him. After Adrian's told her the truth, it was kind of hard to accept it but she trying to accept the truth.

"I will. And Lucy." Adrian said make she looked at him. He smiled and gently pulled her to hug.

"You can call me 'Dad' since you're my daughter. After this finish, I will bring you home." Adrian said gently patting her hair.

"And meet your Mom, okay?" Adrian said smiling widely. Luciana looked at him in teary eyes and nodded.

"Yes...! And I have something to you." Luciana said as she take the basket from Mina and gave it to him.

"It's chocolate muffins. I baked with the chef last night..." Luciana slowly said as she was scared if his reaction was same like Phileo two years ago.

"Really? Thank you, Lucy! You're doing a good job. I really appreciate it!" Adrian said smiling widely. Luciana looked at him happily and nodded.

"... Lucy!" Phileo suddenly called her from beside make she flinched. Adrian stand up when Phileo walked closer to them.

Phileo then saw something from his hand make he froze. The basket with full of chocolate muffins at Adrian's hand. He then looked at Luciana as he knows that Luciana is the one who bake that since she always been baked it for him.

"Fa-" Luciana stopped herself when she almost call Phileo 'Father' after she realized the way Phileo treat her before. Luciana's eyes darkened before directly stare at Phileo's eyes.

"... Your Grace, I wish for your safe trip." Luciana said without any emotion. Phileo looked at her in wide eyes when he heard that she didn't call him 'Father' and looked at him in affection anymore.

Everyone who heard her, tensed even Rupert and Cara looked at her in wide eyes. Adrian was proud from beside when Phileo turned his eyes at him.

Phileo's eyes widened when he saw the smirked from Adrian. "... You..." Phileo slowly said in anger.