Chapter 4

"Wow! This is my first time wearing these kind of clothes!" Leonia happily spin around to show her dress.

"They suit you well, Leonia." Luciana said smiling at her. Leonia was happy at her compliment. Levipath also look at them happily from behind.

"Now, you look like a proper human." Phileo suddenly said. "I was still a human before! You should compliment people at times like this!" Leonia angrily said.

"Why should I compliment someone who ain't pretty?" Phileo said looked away from her. "Mister, aren't you too much?! You're even my dad now!" Leonia said walking towards him. Luciana also followed them.

"And you still call me 'Mister'? Call me Dad or Father like Lucy." Phileo said. "I'm not used to the word 'Dad'!" Leonia angrily said in embarrassment. "I'm not familiar compliments with either." Phileo said.

Leonia pouted at him while Luciana tried to calm her down. Phileo stare at Leonia then at Luciana.

"Father... Are you didn't want to compliment me?" Luciana, 10 years old said after she done most of her study. Phileo stare at her before patted her head.

"As i expected. Study more." That's the only thing Phileo said before take his hand away and continue his work. Luciana look at him in sadness before go out from there.

"Since then, Lucy didn't push me to compliment her but the pain at her eyes... I can't forget it..." Phileo suddenly remember when Luciana was 10 years old.

"I... Don't want Leonia look at me like that..." Phileo thought before look at his daughters.

"If you want compliments that much, gain some weight." Phileo said. Leonia was happy inside but Luciana feel her heart squeezed slightly at his words.

"I'll go ahead and check on the carriage." Levipath said leaving the family alone and walked out.

"Meleis!" The other knights said to Meleis. "Ah! Is everyone ready to depart?" Meleis asked them. "Yeah." They said.

Meleis look away in confusion expression. "What is it? Is something wrong?" The Knight asked her when they noticed her expression.

"N-No... Just His Grace treats the ladies different than usual." Meleis said.

"Meleis, what're you looking so serious for? What do you mean the Lord is not like usual..." The Knight said tried brushed it off when someone appeared from behind.

"What're you doing in front of the door?" Phileo said bring Leonia at his arm while the other hands gently hold Luciana's hand.

"Oh! We apologized, Your Grace. It's beautiful morning, isn't it, Your Grace...?!" The Knight said shocked at him appearing.

"It'll take some time to prepare your meals." Meleis said to Phileo. "Then, let's go for a walk." Phileo said. Leonia and Luciana waved at the Knights from behind.

The Knights waved them back until they disappeared. "What did we just see just now...?" The Knight said.

After they having a meals together, they continue their journey back to dukedom. Inside the carriage, Luciana sit beside Leonia while Phileo sit in front of them.

Leonia was happy and satisfied after the meal. Luciana read some books while Phileo reading his paperwork in his hand.

"What if I vomit?!" Leonia said in surprise. "Why? Just vomit then." Phileo said not really care about it.

"The carriage is expensive, and that's such a waste. The cleaning stuff will have a hard time too." Leonia said. "Why are you so worried about that?" Phileo said.

"You're now a member of the Boleoti family." Phileo said catching Luciana attention.

"Throwing a carriage like this is nothing. In the time your breathing right now, we're making enough money to buy another one." Phileo said.

"Tell me whatever you want." Phileo said when Leonia happily yelled. "Ugh!!" Leonia making a noise make Luciana and Philio look at her weirdly.

"Mister, you're so cool! Really, money is the best!" Leonia happily said.

"But I really don't want to vomit. Vomiting is hurt." Leonia said.

"And people should be 'rich' at heart too." Leonia said clutching her clothes.

"... Bullshit. There's never thing like that in this world." Luciana thought before continue reading.

"That's all bullshit." Phileo said. "... True, it's bullshit. That's what the poor say so they could claim the 'higher ground'." Leonia said looking outside out the window.

"Mister and Lady must know how the world work." Leonia said to them.

"... Clothes, supplies, I'll have a lot things to buy." Phileo thought before glance at Luciana who just silence.

"That's what the poor say so they could claim the 'higher ground'." Phileo remember when Leonia said that.

"... She's quite knowledgeable like Lucy." Phileo thought.

Leonia notice someone from the window. "Meleis!" Leonia happily said when she saw her. Meleis bowed at them a little before commanded towards the Knight.

"I like her!" Leonia said. "She's an excellent Knight." Phileo said.

"... Now that I think about it, Leonia will need a Knight to guard her." Phileo thought staring at Leonia.

"People she needs. An etiquette tutor, she can tutor together with Lucy. A personal guards, Lucy already have The First Division Captain of Knight to protect her. A head maid." Phileo thought.

He then thought that Meleis is perfect candidate for an escort for Leonia.

"But Leonia. Have you crossing the gate before?" Phileo suddenly asked her.

An hours later.

Leonia vomited at the tree with Meleis helped. "My Lady, are you okay?" Meleis said helping her.

"So weak. Tch." Phileo said then turn at Luciana who also vomited at the tree with the Knight helping her.

"Lucy, we always across together and you still getting sick." Phileo said. "It's not my fault that I'm still sick, Father..." Luciana weakly said before continuing vomit.

In the gate vicinity.

"Gate? What's that?" Leonia asked him with clueless face.

"... To put it simply. It's something that can get you across long distances in an instant. It's rare but first timers can get a bit sick sometime. It's something like tunnel. Lucy who always across it also get sick." Phileo said.

"I haven't been on it before, but I think I'll be okay!"

Leonia and Luciana was weak in their Knight's arms. "I'm dying..." Leonia said. Luciana didn't say anything and just let her head rest on the Knight shoulder.

"I haven't seen anyone die from a bit of motion sickness." Phileo bluntly said as he take off his jacket. "Mister, you're cruel..." Leonia said.

Phileo gently take Luciana then take Leonia. He warps them his jacket. Luciana already get used to it since Phileo always help her with her sickness. Without knowing, Luciana hugged Leonia closer and fell asleep. They're lucky that Phileo was strong enough to carry them both.

"Look, you're slightly better now." Phileo said. Leonia look at Luciana who already feel asleep then look at Phileo. Phileo patted their back.

"Don't pat me... I feel I'm gonna puke... The Lady is fell asleep..." Leonia said snuggle closer to Luciana. "You do talk a lot..." Phileo said.

"Can I vomit at your face to avoid the Lady?" Leonia said. "You're mocking me aren't you?" Phileo said.

Leonia and Luciana finally sleeping in Phileo's arm. Philio stare at them softly. "... You still look ugly..." Phileo said.