Chapter 16

Luciana is getting ready the next morning to meet with Phileo. Mina tried to hide her wounds and her eye bags before meet Phileo.

Luciana was scared if her anxiety suddenly appeared the moment she see Phileo and Leonia but she try to calm herself down. Luciana was walking together with Manuce like always.

She stare down while walking until she see something outside the window. Luciana stop walking and stare outside where Phileo and Leonia was playing together.

She gripped her hands tightened before quickly turned away. Luciana continue walking until she arrived at the dining room.

Manuce wait outside while Luciana wait for them inside the room. She sit at her usual chair before the door suddenly open.

"You're here, Lucy." Phileo said while carry Leonia at his arms. Luciana bowed at him as they sit at their chair together to start eating.

The chef put the dish in front of them and started to eat. Phileo and Leonia was chatting while Luciana ignored them.

"There will be monster hunt in a few weeks." Phileo suddenly said taking Luciana's attention. She looked up and turned at him.

"... Is it coming down again?" Luciana asked him. He hummed at her and feed Leonia. "Yes. The monsters started to attacking the towns." Phileo said.

"... I see." Luciana said as she knows about it. The monsters hunt always held once a year and sometimes Phileo would take Luciana together with him as a successor.

"I'll take Leonia there later." Phileo said taking Leonia by surprise. "There?! Why me?!" Leonia asked him loudly.

"You're my successor now. That's why I brought you here." Phileo said as Luciana flinched slightly. Leonia nervously turned at her when he said that.

Luciana put her cutlery down to the table before stands up. "I'm done eating. I'll go first." Luciana said bowing down at them before walking out.

"Wait, Lady Lucy!" Leonia yelled but Luciana ignored her. She jumped down from the chair before looked at Phileo.

"I want to meet Lady Lucy first!" Leonia said to him. Before Phileo can say anything, she quickly running after Luciana.

"... Is she still upset?" Phileo thought and sighed slightly before stand up. Rupert suddenly come towards him with nervous expression.

"Your Grace, there is a letter for you." Rupert nervously said. "What is it? If it's anything useless, just throw it away." Phileo said without caring about him and continued walking.

"... The letter is from Kieran's household." Rupert said make Phileo froze. He turned at him with wide eyes.

"What?"

"Lady Lucy! Please wait for a moment!" Leonia continued running after her. Luciana ignored her until she grasped her hand make she stop walking.

"Lady... I'm sorry." Leonia said taking her breath from running. Luciana didn't turn at her.

"... Let my hand go." Luciana slowly said but Leonia shake her head at her. "No. I don't want to until you turned to me." Leonia stubbornly said.

"Lady, I'll talk to Mister about this again. I'll try to change his mind. Please talk to me." Leonia said tried to convince her but Luciana already have it enough.

"I said let my hand go!" Luciana yelled, snatched her hand away from Leonia make she surprised.

"Leonia, I know it's not your fault but I can't help it, okay?" Luciana said turned at her with teary eyes.

"I can't help it but feels hatred towards you! Father care about you because you're his niece!" Luciana said in frustration.

"If-If you didn't come here, this will never happen! I would still become the successor and Father's only daughter!" Luciana said with tears falling down at her face.

"So, please. Leave me alone. I don't want to see you for awhile." Luciana said turned away and continued walking, leaving her behind with her harsh words.

Leonia stare at her back with stunned expression when she suddenly feel guilty about it.

"In Varia of Black Beast, Luciana Boleoti is a happy child with the male lead and female lead. Even after their marriage." Leonia thought.

"... Did the story change? Because of me?" Leonia thought alone in the hallway as she drowned in the guilt feelings.

Meanwhile Phileo.

Phileo stare at the letter in disbelief. Even after read it again, he still can't believe it. He gripped the letter before slammed it on the table in front of him.

"... Rupert." Phileo call his name make he quickly walked in front of him. "Yes, Your Grace?" Rupert quickly said to him.

"... Adrian will come here in a few days for the monster hunt." Phileo said make Rupert looked at him in surprised.

"... What? Marquis Kieran? Isn't he..." Rupert trailed off as Phileo know what is he meant.

"I know. But he suddenly want to come here." Phileo said as he looked outside the window. He remember the three young man around at the Academy together back then.

"Marquis Kieran...? The current Marquis Kieran who never appeared at society for 7 years, suddenly want to come here?" Rupert thought in silence.

"Just what was happening to him?" Phileo thought as he remembered the man with snowy white hair, smiling at him.