Chapter 9

After what was happening, Rupert and Cara was waiting inside Phileo's office.

"She's not related by blood?!" Rupert accidentally said out loud in surprise. Cara quickly shushed him.

"But her black hair, and that personality..." Rupert thought as he remembered about earlier.

"You're not going anywhere." Leonia said showing them her middle finger.

"You all disgust me, so rot in hell or something." Leonia said as the knights take the guests away from her.

"Wow, that refreshing~ the stress from those seven years is all gone now." Leonia said in relief. "Aren't you seven years old?" Phileo bluntly said from beside. "... It's hyperbole~ don't you know what figures of speeches here?" Leonia quickly said.

Phileo then held out the milk strawberry candy to her. "... I haven't done anything cute today though." Leonia said looking at the candy. "You did." Phileo said.

"That just now? Harassing the orphanage people?" Leonia said in confusion.

"You act like a Boleoti." Phileo said patting her head. Leonia acted cutely at him make he smiled before hugged her. The maids suddenly clapped to them.

"My Lady!" The maid said. "You were great!" Connie said to her happily. Rupert look at them in confusion. Cara and Meleis was cried in moved when Leonia did that.

"... Am I the only one that isn't moved?! Am I the weird one here?!" Rupert thought, looking at them weirdly while Leonia was shy when they praised her like that.

"... Let's go." Luciana suddenly said after looked at them make Manuce surprise. He can saw the sadness expression from her for a moment before she walked away.

"... Yes, My Lady." Manuce slowly said and followed her from behind.

After a while, Phileo bring Leonia in his arms like always with Rupert following them from behind.

"But you can't just kill them quickly, okay?" Leonia said to him. "I wouldn't do something do wasteful." Phileo said. "That's right. We need to use them properly." Leonia happily said.

"... Where did you learn something like that?" Phileo asked her with weird expression. ".... The orphanage?" Leonia quickly said with same expression.

Phileo was stare in front with blank face when he suddenly remember the expression of their guests. "I have an idea! We can tie them and throw them off a cliff!" Leonia said continued with her ideas.

"Then they'll pop back up because of the tension in the rope, and then go back down, back up, back down..." Leonia said.

"And snap! We'll just leave them until the rope snaps!" Leonia said laughing evilly.

"That's a good idea. There's a good cliff near the back of the mansion." Phileo said. "But don't be too rough on them. They need to be healthy for more torture." Leonia happily said.

"I'll give you a slap if you break your promise!" Leonia said making the promises finger with Phileo. Rupert look at them weirdly from behind.

Phileo then noticed someone walked in front of him. "Lucy." Phileo said stopping Luciana and Manuce who bowed at him. "Lady Lucy!" Leonia happily said.

"What're you doing here? It's late." Phileo said to her. Luciana held her head up and look at him. "... I just want to get some fresh air before sleep." Luciana said.

"You know, you know! Let's play again tomorrow!" Leonia get down from Phileo's arm and run towards her. She held Luciana's hands make she flinched. Leonia happily smiled at her.

Luciana didn't say anything and stare at her before nodded. "Let's go. I'll bring you two to your rooms." Phileo said scooped Leonia back at his arms and held Luciana's hand after waved Manuce away since he can protect Luciana.

"Yes...." Luciana slowly said.

Flashback end.

"... Anyway..." Rupert said frowning slightly after Cara told her that.

"Rupert!" The beautiful lady with same appearance as the Boleoti suddenly came at his mind.

"... But they don't look alike." Rupert thought before turned at Cara.

"Lady Regina is dead." Rupert suddenly said.

"One day, in a torrential downpour in the Boleoti territory. Lady Regina ran away. With the man she loved."

The carriage that Regina's rode suddenly fell into the cliff since the rain was running heavily at that time. 

"I... Personally investigated that carriage, which has been swept all the way downstream that day." Rupert said. Cara stare at him before say something.

"But..." Cara started to saying.

"The body was never found." Cara said make Rupert realized it.

"If..."

At Leonia's room.

Leonia was sit at her bed when she stare at the candy that Phileo gave her. She smiled softly at it.

"Those two escaped the accident-"

Her maids was smiling at her with warm atmosphere. Leonia smiled widely in happiness.

"And fled the Boleoti territory...."

Inside Luciana's room.

Luciana stare at her blanket with sadness expression in darkness. She was wearing the nightgown to sleep but she didn't even feels sleepy at all after what happened earlier.

Luciana's room was different atmosphere unlike Leonia's room that having warm atmosphere.