Chapter 3 Building a New House

Alice thought for a moment and then said, "I think this place is good, if possible we can stay here, surround the outside with wood and leave a door to allow access. After wandering outside for half a year, we really should have a home, tomorrow I will go and see if anyone comes here often, you stay here and wait for me."

As soon as Ronnie heard that Alice wanted to go out tomorrow, he hastily volunteered to go out and inquire together.

"All right! then you go to bed early and come with me tomorrow."

The siblings discussed their plans for tomorrow, and their hearts were much calmer. Alice grabbed her backpack from the corner, pulled out a blanket, and found a relatively flat piece of ground to spread it out on, making a simple "bed". "Ronnie, come over here and sleep!"

Ronnie ran to the corner, grabbed the pillow he had modified with his shoes and hat, and ran back. He took off his shoes, found a spot on the side of the "bed" and lay down. Alice lay down on his side, her pillow was folded up with some clothes and looked like a couch cushion. At this point Ronnie rolled over and leaned over to her, "Sis, why do you smell so good? have you been wearing perfume?"

Alice pillowed her arm and looked up at the night sky in a daze, hearing Ronnie's question she turned her face to smile at him, "No, by the way, the 16th of next month is your birthday, if we're still here then I'll give you a birthday present."

"Sis, it was your birthday yesterday, why don't you celebrate it?"

"We didn't even have a place to stay yesterday, how can we celebrate my birthday?"

Ronnie said reassuringly, "Then why don't we spend it together next month? I'll sing you a birthday song!"

"Okay! hopefully we'll still be here... no more talking, go to sleep!" Alice yawned and fell asleep quickly. The next morning she woke up from her sleep, stood up, looked at the ocean in the distance, took a deep breath and felt a sudden urge to pee, she looked at Ronnie who was sleeping and wanted to pee before he got up. She walked to the outside of the cave, chose a large rock, unzipped her pants, and crouched down. In a few moments, a meandering stream formed on the ground. She was about to pull up her pants and go back when she saw a half-man cactus high on the rock wall. She walked over and broke off a small piece, removed the small thorns and put it in her mouth, chewing for a few moments before finishing. Seeing that Ronnie was still asleep, she was tempted to wake him, but didn't. Looking at her sleeping brother, she began to think wildly: How to solve today's meal? Ronnie hadn't grown in half a year, he shouldn't be starving all the time. And should we look for Aunt Penny to inquire about the situation here? but thinking of Rajeev's eyes she hesitated, finally she decided to make a trip, there is no one she knows here except the old woman Penny.

"Sis, you're awake! why didn't you call me?" Ronnie's call interrupted her thoughts.

"I didn't call you because I saw you sleeping well, did you sleep well last night?"

Ronnie scratched his head and said, "I slept well and had a dream about our mother, my sister, my crib at home and Uncle Subaru's chocolates,do you have any more 'Bira coins' on you, sis?" Ronnie couldn't help but ask, even though he already knew his sister didn't have any.

"I spent them all a long time ago, it's not like you don't know!"

"Sister, do you know the origin of 'Bira Coins'?"

"No idea! I just know it buys food."

Ronnie began to speak eloquently to show off his unforgettable skills, "'Bira' was originally the name of a person, an eighteenth century Austrian astronomer who discovered a comet, which was named 'Comet Bira' in his honor. '"