Chapter 29 The Disappearing Michiko

Michiko led the way, followed by Ronnie, and the two of them arrived at the highest point on the island, "Beacon". Looking at the food on the ground, Ronnie asked curiously, "When did you prepare so much food? huh! there's even a piece of meat, where did it come from?"

"This meat was taken from Monta's mouth,it often comes back with some uneaten mallard ducks," Michiko explained.

Ronnie said regretfully, "If only it'd just take a few live ones, maybe we'd have some duck meat to eat later."

"You can have more if you want, I don't like meat," Michiko laughed.

"Better save some for my sister! she hasn't eaten meat for seven years and eats fish every day."

Michiko did not accept Ronnie's words, but turned to him with a serious face and said, "Ronnie, I'm going to ask you something today and you have to answer me honestly."

Seeing her serious face, Ronnie had already guessed the generalization in his mind, but still opened his mouth, "What do you want to ask?"

"When we celebrated your and Alice's birthday at the 'Umbrella House', you said that you wanted me to be your girlfriend, what do you think now?"

When Ronnie heard that it was indeed this question, fearing that she was going to have another attack, he quickly waved his hand and explained, "Michiko, I was still young then, those were just nonsense words, you must not take them seriously."

"You are a man, are you so irresponsible with your words? have you never thought of me as a love interest?"

"Michiko, I'm sorry, I always thought of you as my sister."

Ronnie's words set Michiko on fire. "Your sister is Alice, not me, and I don't want to be your sister."

"I, I!" Ronnie didn't know how to answer for a moment and could only repeat the previous sentence mechanically, "I, I've always thought of you as my sister."

"All right then! I hope you won't regret it," Michiko closed her eyes in despair, and only after a long time did she slowly open them and turn away.

Looking at her distant back, Ronnie's heart felt empty for a moment and he murmured, "I'm sorry, Michiko!"

With that in mind, let's get out of the story and talk about something else. I'm sure those of you who have stuck around long enough to see this have already enjoyed the story. It's late June 2020, the sun is blazing hot, and I'm sitting in a study in a district of a southern city in China, in front of a desktop computer, not too well configured, but good enough for me to write on. There is no air conditioning in the room, just a small fan on the desk that blows hot air from time to time. Where the air conditioner used to be, there is now a small bookshelf with two little dolls and a green plant on it. The green plant has already climbed a meter into the lighted area.

The sweeper also automatically turned on its sweeping mode at 11:00 a.m. The little red fish in the aquarium had died to the point that there were only three left. When they die, I want to replace them with some fighting fish. As I looked at the little fish swimming around in the tank, I suddenly remembered the fish pond at Ronnie's Beach. "If only I had a pond that big, maybe I could make a pond as good as Ronnie's. That's a bit of a tangent, so let's get back to the book, which, probably to no one's surprise, is the last conversation Ronnie and Michiko have on the island. When they meet again, half a century has passed. Ronnie regrets having spent his whole life looking for Michiko. A new story is about to begin, as Ronnie and his sister enter the New World, where they will have another adventure.

After Michiko left, Ronnie looked at the food that had been prepared for him lying on the floor and felt a little sad that he didn't eat it. He ate randomly and then took the duck with him, thinking that the three of them could share it that night for Michiko's birthday. He quickly returned home, Alice was organizing Michiko's birthday, and when she saw him, she asked, "Where have you been? you haven't been seen for half a day."