Chapter 33 Attending a Splendid Feast

Ronnie had not been idle since his return to the Shire Town, taking the time to go to the school library every day for the past twenty days or so. This time the Baron wanted to test him, he was still very confident, only a little disappointed when he heard that it would be three days before there would be a yacht to Strange Island. It was time for the evening banquet that had been held in the lounge during the day, and by the time the Ronnie duo appeared, the lounge had been packed for a long time, with almost the entire Flange family of three generations who could attend. These people were mostly young people and teenagers, all of them good looking. There were also some small children under the age of ten. The scene was chaotic, much like a food market. The Baron was sitting in the master's seat, and when he saw the siblings come in and wave to him, Ronnie, who was very unaccustomed to this kind of event, suddenly felt at a loss. Alice, on the other hand, being generous and decent, took Ronnie's hand and walked over to the Baron. The Baron's first and second lieutenants were already sitting to the left of the two old men. One of them saw Ronnie and asked, "Are you Ronnie? I'm De Silva, remember me?"

Ronnie was also happy to see a familiar face, "Of course I remember you, I even won you a 'Bira Coin'."

"Haha ..." Professor De Silva couldn't help but laugh, "I can't believe we can meet again after ten years, I've been looking for you ever since, where have you been these past few years?"

"My sister and I were trapped on an island for nine years, we just got out last year," Ronnie answered truthfully, for some reason he always felt that this professor had a familiar smell.

"Ugh!" De Silva sighed, "I can't imagine what you could have accomplished if you had used those nine years wisely."

"I'll be entering the city-state in a few months, so maybe we'll meet again then."

"Ronnie, I hope you will accept my invitation to the Institute this time," De Silva looked at him sincerely and waited for his answer.

"What about my sister?" Like last time, Ronnie asked the same question.

"She can, of course, but she'll have to go through the normal channels."

"I'd better go with her then! It won't take more than a few months anyway," Ronnie insisted stubbornly.

"Alright then!" De Silva had a disappointed look on his face, "We'll get in touch when you enter the city-state, here's my contact information," he said and showed Ronnie the identification number on his watch.

The Baron was quite unhappy to see the two of them chatting, and he was about to speak when De Silva turned his head to him, "Flange, I don't think we should test him, I definitely won't look away."

"All right then! I trust you," Flange nodded as he placed the siblings in the third and fourth seats. From a distance, Vinique saw that Ronnie was already seated and walked straight up to him, calling a boy of about twenty who occupied the fifth seat and sitting on her own butt, while Yurina sat in the third seat from the bottom in that row, across from the Baron's wives. The Flanges were fiercely competitive, and the individual children were divided into ranks, as could be seen from the seating arrangements at the banquet. The eleven children of the family were divided into two factions, the practical faction led by Doyle on one side and the hedonistic faction led by Vinique on the other. There were only four girls among the eleven children, and all the others were boys. Doyle was thirty-six years old this year, second in line, smart and capable, and considered Baron Flange's most capable assistant. Now only the third, fourth and seventh were in the same camp with him. Except for the two younger brothers, who were still minors, the others all followed Vinique. The oldest brother was crazy, but it was clerical crazy, logical crazy, and he didn't beat people up for no reason.