Chapter 9 Showing Off his Skills on the First Exam

The next day, the siblings woke up from their sleep, and Alice said to Ronnie, "Ronnie, I want to get a job first, so you go to school and I'll work while I study from now on.

"Sis, why do you want to get a job?"

"We can't live on food from the welfare station anymore, and the welfare station can't guarantee us a living."

"Okay then! what kind of job are you looking for?"

"I... I haven't thought about it yet... you wait for Hasegawa at home... he should come to tell us the results of yesterday's test."

"Okay, then you have to come back early."

After saying that Alice went out, Ronnie was alone at home, he didn't know what to do, so he lay down on his bed and looked at the roof of the cave and stared at it, without noticing he fell asleep, in a daze he seemed to hear a voice calling him, he woke up with a jolt, in front of his eyes stood a man, it was none other than Hasegawa, "Ronnie, are you alone at home?"

"Yeah, what's wrong?" Ronnie sat up and rubbed his hazel eyes.

"What's she doing out?"

"Out..." Ronnie paused for a moment before saying, "She said she was out looking for a job."

"Oh ......," Hasegawa nodded as if he wasn't surprised, then handed out two report cards, "Ronnie, you scored one hundred and fifty-nine on the test this time, you're in first place, are you happy?"

"Why isn't it a perfect score?" Ronnie exclaimed as he took the report cards.

"One question was blank, I think you were in such a hurry that you forgot to write it?"

"Huh, my sister only got ninety-two points!" Ronnie looked at Alice's report card and couldn't help but frown. "Looks like she knows she didn't do well on the exam, that's why she's looking for a job."

"She will definitely pass the exam, I believe in her," Hasegawa said with a determined look. Then he took out a book bag, "This is to celebrate your first place in the exam, two days from now is Thursday, are you ready to go to school? Classes are four days a week with Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays off and the last week of the month as well."

Ronnie reached over and opened his book bag to see that it contained two pens, a blank notebook, and a screen writing pad. He took the pad and flipped it from side to side, muttering, "How does this work?"

Hasegawa was about to explain it to him when he figured it out, "Oh ......! I know!" He pressed the ON button, the screen lit up, and the words "New World You City Middle School Complete Textbook" appeared. There are four books, he pressed the first book, there are four courses each, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry. He was excited and soaked up the knowledge like a sponge. After a little more than half a day, he put the notebook down and said, "Brother Hasegawa, there's such a wealth of knowledge in here, I've finally had an eye-opening experience."

"Of course, this is the textbook that has been used uniformly in the city-state for a hundred years, and the school will also give it to you, but this one from me has a writing function. You don't need to take the one from the school, the city-state will also give you a little honor value."

"What's honor value?" Ronnie asked curiously.

"Honor value is very useful within the city-state, the amount of honor value is directly related to one's status within the city-state, in the future, when you enter the city-state, you will know all of this."

While the two of them were talking, Alice came back, she had a smile on her face, she seemed to be in a good mood, she was even happier when she saw that Hasegawa was also there, she walked over and sat next to him, smiling, "I've had a good day, I've already found a job."