Chapter 25 Battling the Falconers

As they traveled north, returning to the same spot where they had spotted the white-tailed eagle during the day, Michiko, with her sharp eyes, suddenly stopped and whispered, "Stop!"

"What's wrong?" the two siblings asked at the same time.

"Look!" Michiko reached out and pointed to the left, only to see that thirty meters away, two people with shotguns in their hands were crouching behind a rock, looking up from time to time.

"That's strange, what are they doing?" Alice was confused.

Ronnie tapped his head, "I know, they should be falconers."

"Falconers? what are falconers?"

"A falconer is someone who specializes in catching falcons."

Michiko looked scornful, "Your explanation is so redundant, it's as if you didn't say anything."

Ronnie explained further, "These people take the eagles they catch and sell them for money, I heard that a white-headed sea eagle is worth at least forty Bira coins."

"Ah ...... so valuable!" Michiko's mouth opened wide in shock when she heard the price Ronnie quoted.

"Sister, let's hide behind the rocks on that slope over there and watch them quietly," Ronnie said and ran to a rock where he was hidden and easy to watch, the two women had no choice but to follow. Maybe because they were too excited or too nervous, the two women just walked behind the boulder, they were startled when they stepped on something soft under their feet and almost screamed in shock. "Shhh!" Ronnie made a silent gesture, then crouched down to inspect it.

"Is it a snake?" Michiko asked with a slight tremor in her voice.

"No, it's a tree vine."

The three of them crouched down together, not daring to make any more noise. As time passed, Ronnie began to get a little impatient, sticking his head out from time to time to check, and Michiko pulled him by the back of his shirt in a death grip, afraid that he would suddenly run out. Alice, on the other hand, picked up a stone from the ground, ready to defend herself. At that time, one of the two men lit a cigarette, sat on the ground to smoke, he had just smoked half a cigarette, suddenly heard "calling" call, the white-headed sea eagle returned to the nest, the smoking man hastily put out the cigarette. The other man raised his rifle, pointed to the sky, pulled the trigger, "bang" a shot, hit the sea eagle, it flapped its wings a few times, trying to struggle to fly up, the man added a shot, "wooing" a wail, it fell from the air. The two hurried over, took out the prepared net bag, grabbed the sea eagle and stuffed it into the mouth of the bag, tied a knot in the mouth of the bag, and headed north.

"Ronnie, shall we follow them?" Alice couldn't help but think of Ronnie as her backbone at this point.

"Go!" Ronnie stood up and was about to rush out when he realized his clothes were being tugged at, "Michiko, why are you always pulling on my clothes?"

"I'm afraid you'll run away on impulse, don't be ungrateful," Michiko said in a bad mood, but did not let go.

Ronnie had no choice but to let her pull him, and his movements became sluggish. However, they knew that the two falconers were going to the place where they had seen the red tent during the day, so they weren't in a hurry. Of course, they also had to keep a distance from them, or else they would easily expose themselves. After walking around for a while, they finally reached the straw hat rock, and the three of them hurriedly sat down. Alice carefully moved her body and looked at the bottom of the cliff, only to see one of them take out a lamp from inside the tent, and the surrounding area was instantly lit. The other man took the sea eagle out of the net bag, tied a rope around its legs, and stepped on the bottom of the rope. Then he gave it a push, and in a moment the sea eagle woke up. It flapped its wings and tried to fly away, but it was pulled by the rope and couldn't fly, it tried several times without success, it gave up running and let out a miserable yelp. "These people are so hateful!" Alice cursed in a low voice.