Chapter 7 The Talent of Memory

After everyone had eaten their birthday cake, Michiko took out the revision materials and handed them over, saying, "Alice, these materials are two copies, one is for the primary semester and the other is for the secondary semester, you and Ronnie can look at them first, and if you don't understand you can ask my brother, he is a very good learner, and these are issued by the city-state, so don't lose them, and we have to take them back."

"Thanks!" Alice said as she reached out and took them.

"The City-state has exams at the end of every month, today is the twenty-fourth, there are five or six days left. If you don't pass this time, you can take it again next month," Michiko explained.

Ronnie picked up one of the piles of review material, looked at it and said, "Sis, I can memorize this information in two hours."

Alice nodded and said nothing. Michiko wasn't convinced though, "Ronnie, you're getting braggadocious now, it took me a week to read these materials."

"I'm serious, if you don't believe me, ask my sister, I'm smart," Ronnie exclaimed.

Ignoring his words, Alice pointed to the blue flag hanging outside the window and asked, "Why was the last flag pattern you designed triangular? does it have any meaning?"

"Haha! You finally asked, I've been trying to explain to you, the cave here is called 'Umbrella House', the triangle represents the umbrella, the circle inside alludes to the burning flame, the X-line represents the fiery ferocity of the blaze, and it symbolizes a firm belief that burns like a flame and lasts forever,"Ronnie said with a smug look on his face.

"Not bad, you're pretty good," Alice touched his head and praised him.

At that time, Hasegawa, who was standing on the side, suddenly laughed and said, "Ronnie, why is the pattern of the flag you designed almost the same as the flag of the 'New World'? did you steal someone else's design?"

Ronnie was worried when he heard this and defended himself, "No way, I made the pattern myself, I've never seen what the pattern of the 'New World' looks like."

Alice was also surprised and asked, "Hasegawa, do you have the pattern for the New World flag? can I see it?"

"Of course I do!" Hasegawa pressed his nine-star watch a few times, and an AR-generated flag appeared in front of the crowd, "This is the flag of the city-state!" He said. Ronnie had sharp eyes and immediately pointed it out, "What's the same? The X in the center of their design doesn't go through the circle, and they also have an eagle standing on their triangle, which mine doesn't have."

Hasegawa also compared them carefully and apologized, "Ronnie, maybe it's just a coincidence, but they really are so similar."

Fearing that the two of them would argue, Alice changed the subject, "Hasegawa, are your parents still alive? I didn't hear you mention them."

"Like you, Michiko and I have no parents. Our parents were exiles who died within a few years after leaving the city-state," Hasegawa sighed, a sad expression on his face.

"I'm sorry to bring up your sadness."

"Today is your birthday, instead of talking about these things, how about we get up and dance like last time?" Michiko said.

"Michiko, why do you like dancing so much?" Ronnie couldn't help but ask rhetorically.

"Didn't you have so much fun dancing last time, you kept pulling my hand and wouldn't let go."

"I was afraid you wouldn't be able to get up if you were drunk, what do you think of my kindness?"

"Well, count your conscience, will you still dance with me this time?"