Chapter 58 The Prison of Innocence

In an office more than a hundred kilometers away from Shire Town, two men were having a heated argument. If Ronnie were here, he would have recognized one of the men, a chubby former classmate of Michiko's named "Gomez". Gomez said to the other man, "They've already taken three of us and killed one, we need to get even."

"It's better to wait a little longer, we'll listen to what the boss says."

"If the boss doesn't say anything, should we just let it go? one of the people they took was also my brother," Gomez said angrily.

The other one also raised his voice, "Are you going to fight them head on just for your brother?" Gomez was speechless for a moment. The man continued, "The Casa organization and we have always been non-aggressive towards each other, knowing that our common enemy is the City-state. If we fall out with them, the higher-ups will surely blame us."

"Why are they arresting our people this time?" Gomez finally calmed down.

"I heard from the people who came back that the two people they are looking for are the children of their chief, they took some of our people just to make an exchange,the one who was killed was killed because he resisted too much."

"Then the two people they were looking for were really captured by our side?" Gomez asked next.

"They should be, these two are also from the City-state," after the two finished talking, Gomez sighed softly.

Not daring to slack off, Ronnie took on two more quests while staying in the deluxe room. After earning another 60 points in ten days, he was resting at home that day when he heard someone knocking on the door. Alice went to open the door and saw that it was a bald man she didn't recognize, "Excuse me, who are you looking for?"

"Is Ronnie here?" the bald man asked back.

At that moment, Ronnie was lying in bed and when he heard someone calling for him, he got up and went out. When he saw the bald man, he was surprised and couldn't help but ask, "Laurent, what brings you here?"

"Something is going on today, can I come in and talk?" Laurent said with a smile.

"Sure, please come in."

After Laurent came in, Alice closed the door. The two exchanged a few pleasantries before Laurent got to the point, he mysteriously whispered, "There are about a dozen people who want to escape from here, would you be interested in joining?" Ronnie was a little worried by the sound of that, he was thinking about it, he was just struggling to come up with a good idea.

"Can you tell us what method you use?" Ronnie asked.

"This ..." Laurent hesitated for a moment before saying, "Yes, but you have to take an oath that you can't reveal this method, it concerns the lives of a dozen people."

Ronnie nodded and agreed, he said with a solemn face, "I swear to the Holy Virgin, I will never reveal half of what I have heard today, if I go against it, it will keep me from living for the second half of the year".

Upon hearing Ronnie's oath, Laurent nodded his head in satisfaction and then introduced him to the escape method. Ronnie was very disappointed after hearing this. In his heart, he thought, "These people are also scientists of the City-state, how could they choose such an unskilled way?" he felt that the chances of success were very slim, and for a moment, he could not open his mouth to refuse, stammering for a long time without making a decision. Laurent was originally full of confidence, feeling that Ronnie would definitely agree, and he came in with a promise to the others that he would be able to convince Ronnie to join. He saw that Ronnie hadn't made up his mind and was a bit worried: "Well? do you agree to join?"