Chapter 40 Shy Park Hye

Mish's house was on the eighth floor, room 15, a type C shared room. The duo walked and chatted and before they knew it they reached Mish's apartment and Ronnie followed her in, where a man and a woman were chatting. Mish pointed to the boy and introduced him, "This is my brother, 'Barry', you've already met him, a station guard in the city-state."

She then pointed to the girl who blushed and bowed her head at the sight of the stranger, "And this is 'Park Hye'."

Ronnie felt an inexplicable affinity for Park Hye as soon as he saw her, which might have something to do with the fact that she, like Michiko, was yellow. Park Hye was twenty-two years old, of medium height, with long dark hair, a voluptuous figure, rosy cheeks, a nose with a slightly curved tip, and sexy lips with brightly colored lipstick. Park Hye had heard of Ronnie when she was in school, but they had never spoken. Ronnie, trying to make up for his rudeness as a student, took the initiative to speak and held out his hand, "Hello! Park Hye, I'm Ronnie, nice to meet you."

Park Hye blushed and extended her hand as well, but instead of shaking it, she touched it lightly. Seeing Ronnie's eagerness to please her as well as the lustful look in his eyes when he looked at her, Barry had anger in his heart and said to Ronnie, "Aren't you the master who was thrown out of the gambling house that time, how come you're here too?"

Ronnie didn't want to get on Barry's bad side and ignored him. Mish frowned, she found her brother rude and impolite. Three years ago, when she wanted to enter the city-state, she looked for her brother to join her, but he didn't agree. Then she asked Park Hye, who was a simple-minded and unassertive girl, and she agreed, and her brother agreed when he saw that Park Hye also wanted to join the city-state. At first, Park Hye chose the profession of "Backup Emergency Personnel" like Mish, but she failed the test several times, and then she can only choose to be a paramour. When Ronnie heard that Park Hye was a paramour, it was as if he had swallowed a fly. He didn't look down on the profession, but he thought that such a simple girl shouldn't be working in such a place, and he decided to help her.

Barry has been courting Park Hye for three years, but she hasn't said yes yet. She doesn't want a man as stupid as her. Mish also had selfish feelings and always put in a good word for her brother, wanting him and Park Hye to get married. Park Hye was so harassed by the siblings that she had no choice, and today she and Barry were discussing moving out. They were waiting for Mish to return, but they didn't realize that Mish had brought Ronnie with her. The four of them were speechless for a moment, and Mish broke the silence first by asking, "What were you talking about, brother?"

Barry didn't want to mention Park Hye's wish to move out in front of Ronnie and didn't answer. Park Hye saw that Barry didn't say anything and said for him, "Mish, I want to move out. I get off work late sometimes and it bothers you."

Mish was surprised to hear this and didn't know how to speak for a moment. If Park Hye moved out, leaving only her and her brother, the siblings could only move into a Type B double room. According to the city-state's regulations, Type A single rooms - 1-2 people over the age of sixteen can apply for them, Type B double rooms - 2-3 people over the age of sixteen can apply for them, and Type C multi-person rooms - 3-6 people over the age of sixteen can apply for them. All rooms are on a first-come, first-served basis, room changes require a year of living in the room before applying, an extra room must be available at the time of application, and private room changes must be applied for.

The four people fell into silence again, this time Ronnie opened his mouth, "I think it's good to live alone, I just live alone and my time can still be arranged freely."

When Mish heard his words, she couldn't help but feel some anger in her heart. She felt that Ronnie should be helping her convince Park Hye to stay instead of helping out here. Park Hye accepted Ronnie's support and gave him a grateful look. And with the affirmation of the beautiful woman, Ronnie's spirit was energized as he continued, "The city-state has less than nine thousand people now, so there should be plenty of empty rooms."