Chapter 44 True or False Dreams

Ronnie came out of the bathroom, still wearing his pants, with a lazy look on his face. He said, "Sis, how about we go to the casino today as a family of four?"

"No, make it five, he could be your brother-in-law in the future," Alice said.

"Ah! Sis, you have a boyfriend, good job keeping it a secret, I didn't even know," Ronnie looked surprised.

Alice used the Big Butler to send a message to her boyfriend. A short time later a man appeared in front of the group, Alice pointed to the man and introduced him, "His name is 'Uma', he's a garbage collector."

Ronnie looked Uma up and down and saw that the man was short, had a rough complexion, wore a pair of ill-fitting shorts and a pair of worn-out sneakers on his feet. Worst of all, his big nostrils were open like a hippo's and he felt sick in his heart, "How could my sister find such a man? what blindness!"

Out of politeness, he shook Uma's hand and introduced himself, "My name is Ronnie, I'm Alice's brother, nice to meet you."

Uma smiled and said, "I heard your name a long time ago in the city-state, and your sister mentions you often."

After a few introductions, Alice picked up little Vega and the five of them headed out the door. The casino had a total of three floors in the eastern area on the third and fourth floors and the negative floor, the first and second floors were the item self-service area. The five of them went straight to the third floor, Park Hye used to work here, she held Ronnie's hand and led the way. Today was a day off and the place was already crowded. Park Hye introduced the few people, "There are stage plays, amusement arcades, music cafes, saunas, theaters, cinemas, Thrill Island, bowling alleys, dance halls, and concert halls, which one do we want to play?"

Alice looked sideways at Ronnie for an idea, and Ronnie thought for a moment, "Since we're out here, let's play something exciting! let's go play on Thrill Island."

Several people agreed at the same time, Thrill Island was on the negative floor and they went back down the elevator. To play on Thrill Island you have to be in a team, with a minimum of two and a maximum of five people. They first boarded little Vega in the makeshift nursery, then donned protective suits and helmets, and had to sign a non-disclosure agreement before they could go. The four made their way through a long, dark tunnel, and gradually a bright light appeared ahead. They reached the light and realized that there were three doors. Ronnie looked at Alice and asked, "Do you want to go together or separately?"

Alice secretly wanted to go with Uma, but was too embarrassed to say so and asked rhetorically, "What do you think?"

"Hey!" Ronnie guessed what she was thinking and laughed, "then we'll go separately.

"Fine, we'll meet at the end and see who gets there first," Alice nodded in agreement.

The siblings went their separate ways. Ronnie took Park Hye and chose a door in the center and pushed it open. In front of them was a wooden bridge, thirty meters long and only twenty centimeters wide, and it was dark underneath, with occasional echoes and crows cawing from the depths when stones fell. Park Hye tugged at his arm and said in a trembling voice, "Ronnie, I'm a little scared."

Ronnie was also scared, at this time, he regretted walking separately with his sister, he could only comfort her, "Don't be afraid, it's just some sound effects, how can there be crows cawing when this is the underground level? it's all fake."

Just as he finished his words, a crow flew out of the darkness and stopped by a tree by the bridge. In his heart he said, "These people are really down for it, real birds are being brought in," he bravely walked toward the bridge and asked Park Hye to follow closely behind him, speaking as he walked to give himself courage and to teach the lesson of chasing away fear: "Don't look under the bridge, just look at the bridge." The two of them, one after the other, it took them five minutes to reach the other side of the bridge, which was only thirty meters away, standing on solid ground, they sighed with relief, looked at each other and smiled, unconsciously embraced, a burst of passionate kisses, then they walked along the road. In front of a house, a wooden sign hung in front of the door, through the faint moonlight, two people went up to check, only to see the above written: