Chapter 8 Side by Side with the School Dream

Time flew, and in the blink of an eye, it was already the thirtieth. For six days, Hasegawa came over every day to help Alice prepare for the exam, Ronnie played every day, and Alice finally received food at the subsidized station, enough for the siblings to eat for ten days. That morning, Hasegawa came early. He told the siblings, "Let's go, I'll take you to school."

Alice was a little nervous, but Ronnie was completely relaxed. The three of them had no words on the way, lowered their heads to hurry, and before they knew it, they arrived at the entrance of the school, only to see that the sign on the front door of the school said "New World You City Preparatory School. Hasegawa took Alice and her brother straight to the testing room. By this time, there were already two dozen candidates sitting in the classroom. Hasegawa said to them, "You go in, just follow the teacher's instructions, I'll come over after class at eleven o'clock."

The siblings nodded and entered the classroom, each finding an empty seat and sitting down. A short time later, a man of about fifty came in, a tall, thin man with a clean face, a sharp voice, a bit like a woman's, wearing a suit and holding a folder in his hand. A wave of nausea flooded Ronnie's mind at the sight of this man, especially his crossed orchid fingers, and he actually felt like rushing up and breaking them off. He introduced himself as Diego Rodriguez.

"They should call you Mr. Orchid Fingers," Ronnie thought to himself.

Mr. Orchid Fingers continued, "I will be your examiner today and you will have two hours to complete one hundred and sixty questions. Each question is worth one point, and you can only enter the school if you pass one hundred and forty points. When you hear the bell later, the computer in front of you will automatically enter the question-answering mode and you can begin." Three minutes later, the bell rang, the computer automatically lit up, only to hear a "click" sound, the camera automatically took a picture of each candidate, the candidates filled in their respective names, and then the tense examination began.

Ronnie saw the test questions and laughed coldly in his heart, "How can you test me with questions like this? you mortals!"

Alice, who was six seats away from him, frowned as she realized that she didn't know a large part of the questions, and couldn't help but have sweaty palms and become more nervous. Time passed, Ronnie suddenly stood up and walked out, Mr. Orchid Fingers saw him and quickly stopped him, "Little boy, are you going to the bathroom? you can't go out during the test, and you can't come back after you go out."

"I've finished my answers, I'm going out for a while, I'll wait for my sister to finish her exam and we'll go home together." Ronnie finished looking at Alice before leaving the classroom. Mr. Orchid Fingers thought in his heart, so this boy came to accompany his sister and filled in the answers randomly and didn't care.

Two hours passed quickly and most people had already left the classroom. Alice was still answering last minute questions, and as she left the classroom, she shook her head slightly. Ronnie saw her coming out and eagerly walked up to her and said, "Sister, you're so slow!"

"I am not as good as you, you came out first, did you check the questions after you answered them?"

"No need to check, they are too easy for me!"

"You're so smart, let's wait here for Hasegawa, he should be out soon."

"How did you do in the exam, Sis?"

"It looks like I won't be able to pass the test this time, so I'll have to come back next time."

"Sister, when will the test results come out?"

"I don't know, I'll ask Hasegawa later."

The two didn't talk for long before Hasegawa came over from the other side and the first thing he asked was: "How did you do in the exam?"