Twenty Three

"WAIT WHAT?!" Miok shouts at you. It's only a couple days before exams begin and you invited Miok to come over and help you finish up writing your exam. Of course, she got sidetracked and asked you about Yoongi. You told her you two were really dating and she screamed.

"Calm down! I have neighbors you know!" You hush her.

"Sorry, but Y/N! That's amazing! I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks," you smile. You tell her about the night you met his band family and how dinner was like a real family dinner with the younger ones being childish and the older ones being in charge like parents.

"Aww, that's so sweet. When do they officially debut?"

"Two weeks from today. I'm excited, Yoongi said that when they release the video, he wants me to be with."

"I'll make sure to watch out for it. What's the song called?"

"'No More Dream.' In English."

"Okay, I'll make sure to watch it. I'm excited to see what they all look like."

You remember by that comment that you haven't shown her a picture of all of them.

"Oh that's right, you haven't seen them. Have you even seen Yoongi?" You ask, not sure.

"Nope. I just know of him. I should have to guess which one he is when I see the video."

"It'll probably be easy, he's one of the rappers."

"It could be funny, I pick the totally wrong one."

You nod your head, "That could be funny."

The two of you talk for a while more before she helps you with work related stuff. You decided that part of their exam would be to write a medium lengthed, creative paragraph. The stipulations are that it can't be a real story, you can't copy one, so no writing "spin off stories" and they have to use all the proper grammar and at the very minimum, they have to use fifteen advanced vocabulary words. Which ones they use is up to them, you have no preference.

"What are you testing with this part of the exam?" Miok questions you.

"I'm testing fluidity, grammar skills, ability to use vocabulary properly, and ability to think outside of the box."

"Alright, that's fine. I was just curious. Your exams are much harder to write, you have a lot of options."

"I know, it's so hard," you sigh, mostly sarcastic. It's more of a task to you to write tests than being difficult. Typically, from using other English teacher's old exams as references, there are translating sections, both English to Korean and Korean to English. There's also grammar testing, if students can pick out grammar mistakes in problems and correct them. Then there's testing for fluidity, like writing paragraphs or short essays. You're going to ask Miok to help you write an oral exam section today. She looks over the rest of the test and nods.

"It's good. I couldn't pass it, so I'm sure your advanced students will do well."

"Okay" you nod. "I'm wondering if you'll be willing to help me write an oral exam section?"

"Okay?"

"Like help with prompts and a rubric. I can show you old lesson plans to help you understand what they know. I'm thinking of asking questions that will use various chapters of vocabulary and grammar in them."

"Yeah, I'll help. Can I see those old lesson plans?" She asks. You nod and retrieve them from your room. You have a big drawer filled with old plans you wrote out and printed, since hardcopies can't hurt to have. You bring them to her and let her read them over.