Chapter-33-Shock!

Continued from the last chapter

I immediately dialed ayaan bhai's number. He picked up at the fourth ring.
"Hello..."he replied huskily. He must have been asleep,i was feeling sorry to wake him at this time. But i am desperate now.

"Bhai.."my voice broke.
"Noor. What happened"his shock voice replied.
"Bhai..adeel has been into an accident. He has been taken to city hospital..please come. I don't know what to do"i cried,tears flowing out of my eyes.

"What! Don't panic. I will be there within 5 minutes" he replied and cut the call. I quickly wear a hijab,took my phone and some money out and was out the door.

As i was locking the gate,bhai came. I sat in the passenger seat and we drove towards the hospital. All the time,my tears were flowing and i was constantly praying for him.

"How did you know?"bhai asked.
"Someone call..called me fr..from adeel's ph..phone. He said that he..he has been severly..injured"i started crying.

"Shhh...don't cry noor. Just pray for him."bhai said and continued driving.

As soon as we reached the hospital,i quickly got out and ran towards the receptionist. I didn't even wait for bhai. The receptionist looked at me,shocked at my condition.

I gasped loudly and said,
"D..did so..someone come..here with..a..an accident case"i said breathlessly.
She gulped and nodded. She looked at the screen and said,
"He's taken to the ICU. He was bleeding a lot,so the doctors had to immediately operate at him. Please go to room 143,third floor" she said.

I nervously nodded. By the time bhai came and we both towards the lift.The lift was taking so long,so i went up using stairs. I was so desperate,scared and nervous.

I went to room and glanced at the window. There layed my husband,several doctors were operating at him. He looked so helpless. By seeing his face,i started to cry.

I sat in the nearby seat. This is all because of me. He fighted with me and look now. He's is such a pain just because of me. I shouldn't have blamed him.

Bhai came and sat beside me. He held my hand and said,
"It will be okay"
I raise my head and said,
"This is all because of me bhai. He's in pain because of me. I shouldn't have let him go"i said and started crying.

Bhai didn't say anything and rested his head in the wall.

It was 7 am by now. The whole night i was awake. Praying and crying for him. My eyes and body were compelling me to sleep but then i would wake up,restless.

My heart was beating against my chest,like longing to see him well and fine. But i had this thought deep in my heart,what if he is serious?

I would die of that blame,I won't live at peace if he gets serious. Bhai was sleeping beside me. I got up too see that he was still being operated. What is taking them this long?

I ask the nurse,if there's cafe nearby,because I seriously needed some coffee to keep me awake. I want myself to be there when adeel wakes up.

"Its downstairs. There is breakfast too. You can have some"she said and smiled softly.

I nodded and went down. I was in no mood of breakfast. How could i eat,when my husband is in there,fighting for his life? I just want a coffee to stay awake.

I brought an expresso,the strongest coffee made. I even took a latte for bhai,incase he wakes up. I slowly took them and went towards our seat to find bhai awake.

He looked at me and slyly smiled.,
"When i woke up,i found the seat empty. I was worried."he said.
"I had gone to take coffee,bhai"i said and handed him his latte.

"Did you sleep"he asked.
"No"i replied and sipped the bitter strong coffee.

"You should have. You look so tired. Go and sleep"he said firmly.
"No bhai. I couldn't sleep. My heart is not in peace. Unless and until i get the news of his well being,I won't sleep and neither eat"i said and looked at him.

He smiled at me and then continued drinking his drink. Why did he smile?

As soon as we finished our drinks,the doctors came out of the ICU. I quickly stood up and went towards them.

"Sir,how is he? Is he okay?"i asked in a hurry.
There were two doctors. One of them removed his mask and asked,
"Wait. Who are you to the patient"

"She is his wife and i am his close friend. How is he doctor?"bhai replied.

The doctor looked at me,then looked down. He removed his glasses and said,
"He had severe injuries in his leg and skull. We operated him for 3 hours. He is fine now..but.."

"But what"i asked impatiently.
"His right leg is severely injured and he is in coma"the doctor said,upset.

As soon as he said those words,i felt the world erupt around me. I couldn't believe my ears,adeel...in coma.

"When will he recover? Will he wake up soon?"i heard bhai's broken voice.
"We don't know about that. It can take 2 days,2 weeks,2 months and 2 years. We are not sure about that. Just pray for him. And for his leg,we are treating on it"the doctor said and moved away.

I couldn't believe it. My husband is in coma,just because of me. If i wouldn't have fought with him,he wouldn't have gone out that day.It seemed all the tiredness and shock came up to me and i felt dizzy. I fell unconscious and slipped into the dark world.

****
A short chapter. Oh god,our adeel is in coma? How many girls are crying right now? Anyway,so who wants an early update tomorrow. You can get that easily. Convince me with votes and many comments. And the next chapter will be dedicated to you.
Till the next update
~abby