Chapter-34-Feelings

This chapter is dedicated to @SabrinaAhmed1 .Enjoy!

Continued from the last chapter
I felt someone splash water on my face,i gasped and got up. I got up to see the tensed face of ayaan bhai. He helped me stand up. I looked at him and remembered the scene.

Adeel severly injured and in coma. My eyes welled up in tears.
"Bhai..he's go..gone. Th..this is all be..because of me"i cry out.

Bhai looked at me and then hugged me. My tears absorbing his shirt.
"Don't worry. The doctors said that he might wake up"bhai said in a broken tone. He wanted to make me feel better,but i knew the truth.

I parted away and said,
"No..th..the doctors said that they are not sure when will he wake up. He's just breathing,otherwise he's dead."i shout out,and cry hysterically.

I take my head in my hands and sit down. What will i do now?
If something happens to me,you will be the one who will be happy. You can run away then. His voice ringed in my ears.

Of course not. How can i run away? How can i be happy,when i am the reason he's laying there. He's alive,but a dead mess.

I pulled my hair in frustration and looked up in the ceiling. Why?

Bhai bent down and helped me up by my shoulders

Bhai bent down and helped me up by my shoulders. He wiped my tears and said,
"You shouldn't lose hope. Inshaallah he will get up. Trust allah. Pray for him. Because that's what he needs."

He smiled painfully at me. I nod.
"And look,you fell unconscious because you are tired. You didn't sleep the whole night,didn't eat anything. Go home"bhai said.

"But..what if..no bhai adeel needs me"i try to reason out. I wanted to be there for him. What if he wakes up,and doesn't find me. He will think ill of me.

"I am here. If he...if he wakes up,ill say that you were here. Look even adeel won't like you in this condition. So go home,have food,take rest-"

I interrupted him by saying,
"You will come pick me up later"i said while looking at him with determination.

He sighed and then said,
"Fine. But only if you go home and rest. I'll come by evening. Go now"he said.

I wrapped my hijab and before going out i peeked through the room. My heart ached while seeing him in pain. But I controlled myself and went out.

I took a rickshaw to go back. Upon reaching,i called nisa,mummy and gave them the details. At that time,only nisa could control my tears.

After that,i really felt exhausted. It was 9 am by now,so i quickly retired for my bed

2 weeks later
I turned my head towards right and then left. Then i raised my hands to pray for him.
Ya allah,please give me hope. Give me strength to deal with this situation. Please wake him up. I..I can't live without him. I just don't know what these feelings are. There was a time when i used to hate this man,but now i am crying and praying for his life. Please allah,ease his pain. Give him back to me.

I then got up and left the masjid. 2 weeks has passed,but no change in his condition. Instead i came to know,that even his right hand has been injured,fractured.

Doctors have lost hope. But not me. I pray everyday for him,during every prayer the only thing i do is pray for his life. I have started to pray tahajjud too,because bhai said that,when you pray tahajjud,your prayers go like an arrow to the heavens.

And they eventually get fulfilled. I reach the third floor. In these weeks,bhai has supported me a lot. My family came and offered to stay here but I would send them back.

"Bhai"i call out.
He looked at me and smiled. I went and sat next to him.

"What did the doctors say"i asked
"They are saying that just pray for him"bhai said and sighed.

I remained silent. My heart ached on listening this. When will he wake up? Every night i would go to him and sit there silently,while holding his hand,expecting him to wake up.

"Bhai...what do you think? W..will he wake up"i asked in a broken tone.
"Don't lose hope noor. Trust allah,because he is the welldoer"bhai replied.

"But now even i have begun to think,that maybe he won't wake up. He will leave me,us all alone. Bhai,i want him back."i said and started to cry.

Bhai looked at me with a smile, i wiped my tears and asked,
"W..why are you smiling?"i asked and sniffed my nose.

"You have fallen IN LOVE WITH HIM"he said and smiled.

I looked at him in shock.
"Bhai..ye..ye aap kya bolrahe ho(what are you saying)" i said.

"I am saying the truth. I am saying the truth which your heart is saying,but you are denying it. Few months ago,i guess it was you who said me that you hate him. But look now,you are crying for him and praying for him. Remember you said that if you got a chance,you will escape. So why didn't you run away? Why every day,that too early morning you come here and sit in his room and watch him? Why do you pray for him"bhai said and i looked down.

"That's because you love him. Accept it noor."bhai said and patted my shoulder.

I looked at him and realized,is this called love? I unintentionally smile and look at bhai. He smiled back and said,

"But you need to know one thing. Adeel isn't bad. Situations and his unlucky life has made him like this. And,he didn't kill-"

I interrupted bhai by saying,

"I know that he didn't kill my dad"i said and Bhai looked at me shocked.

"He said me,the night of his accident"i said.

"I was beginning to like him bhai. I used to miss his touch,his presence. I somewhere made myself understand that maybe,maybe he didn't kill my dad. Even because of that,i did fell in love with him. And when i came to know the truth,all the hatred was gone."i said.

"Finally. If adeel was here and if he came to know about your feelings,he would have jumped up with joy."bhai said happily.

While i looked down sadly.

"You know people in coma,can't move or see. But they sure can hear us. Go noor. Talk to him. Say him about your feelings. He will hear you. He might wake up. It is you,only you who can bring him back from darkness. Even after he wakes up,it is you who can guide him to the right path. You are the only one who can light his life. His life was hell noor. Make him believe that there is also goodness in life."bhai said

I got up and wiped my tears. I will never lose hope. I will bring my adeel back. I am his noor. I will bring him back from darkness.

***