Chapter 4: Open for business

Chapter 4: Open for business — You city people really know how to have fun.

?

Tang Mi's mood felt completely different when she visited 『Sweet Dream』 this time round.

After she light-heartedly stepped into the store, she found that the decorations were a little different. The set of tableware had been swapped, and the tablecloths had been changed to a light yellow. Under the soft, hazy light were the words 『Sweet Dream』.

Inside the restaurant manager's office, Tang Mi read the contract as she listened to the manager speak. "The trial period is three months. If you perform well, you'll be promoted to be a regular employee. A pastry chef's hours are from 10AM to 7PM, and if it gets busy, then it may be later. Every month, the second Monday is a fixed rest day. For the remainder of the time, your breaks get rotated with your colleagues. Any questions?"

Tang Mi shook her head, "None." With this salary, there definitely wouldn't be any questions.

"If there aren't any problems, sign here. The restaurant is open for business next week. You can start today, mainly to familiarise yourself with the job and how to clean up."

"Okay." Tang Mi picked up the pen and signed her name like the flying dragons and dancing phoenixes.

The restaurant manager examined the contract and was satisfied that there were no issues. "When the restaurant opens up, there will be an order for an engagement party. All of the other departments will be busy preparing, so you'll be responsible for the cake."

Tang Mi was stunned. Handing her such a huge assignment the moment she started..

"What, you don't think you can do it?

"No, it's just that a wedding cake is different from normal cakes. You need to discuss the design with the bride."

The manager laughed. "This, you don't have to worry about. The bride is my friend; she specifically came to us for service. Her cake has already been designed by herself, you just need to make it."

Tang Mi's stress level was immediately cut in half. "If that's the case, then it's no problem."

Once the contract was finalised, the restaurant manager rounded up all of the other employees and gave a brief introduction, "This is our new pastry chef, Tang Mi; let's all give a warm welcome."

Everyone gave a round of applause. A handsome man wearing a suit smiled at her and said, "Tang Mi, this name is really sweet."

Tang Mi said with some embarrassment, "That's what everyone says."

The restaurant manager pointed to the handsome man and said to Tang Mi, "His name is Zhang Xu and he is the lobby manager."

"Hello Manager Zhang," Tang Mi greeted politely.

Zhang Xu looked at her, a grin slowly spreading across his face, "With your looks, it would be such a waste to stay in the kitchen. Why not join our lobby instead?"

The chef didn't seem happy. "We haven't even opened yet, and you're already stealing our people?"

Everyone laughed loudly until the restaurant manager motioned for them to quiet down. She continued to introduce them to Tang Mi. "This is chef Chen Fang Zhou, and this one is the supervisor of the lobby, Yu Xiao Xiao." 

After Tang Mi greeted everyone individually, the restaurant manager directed Supervisor Yu to take her around so she could familiarise herself with the restaurant environment.   

Tang Mi followed Supervisor Yu around the restaurant for a while. When Supervisor Yu saw that there was no one around, she secretly whispered to her, " I heard it was you that day who smashed the cake into Director He's face?"