Chapter 9: Singing Karaoke

Chapter 9: Singing Karaoke – Please kiss the most handsome person in the room.

?

The pastry exhibition continued until 4pm in the afternoon. Tang Mi and her colleagues did exceptionally well, with not a single cake left unsold.

Lu Yu was packing up everything to one side and woefully said, "I originally planned to bring some back for my boyfriend. "

Tang Mi paused mid-pack."Bring back for your boyfriend? You weren't single?" 

Lu Yu. " ..."  

She seemed to have been pushed aside by yet another single lady.   

After packing everything, Tang Mi followed Lu Yu into the company car which first took her to Sweet Dream before heading to the company office.

Seeing Tang Mi return, Superviser Yu was the first to welcome her back. "Did you meet my brother?"

Her expression was rather fierce, as if someone had discovered some dark secret of hers. Tang Mi recalled her meeting with the high school kid and couldn't resist smiling. "Ah, you mean Yu Sa Sa?"

"Don't say that name!" Supervisor Yu's expression changed completely. She pulled Tang Mi over to the side and whispered fiercely, "You're not allowed to utter my brothers name!"

Tang Mi pushed the items she held into Supervisor Yu's chest and patted down her hands. "Then help me return these back to the pastry kitchen."

Supervisor Yu: "..."

She undertook the task despite the criticism.

Tang Mi entered the restaurant manager's office to give a report on the day. After she heard the report, the restaurant manager said, "Everyone has worked hard recently so we'll close up a bit earlier tonight. I'll be treating everyone to karaoke."

Closing up early was great news to Tang Mi. She was almost emotional as she stared at the restaurant manager. "Really?"

"Mn. I've already notified everyone else. Since you have a day off tomorrow, let's go all out tonight."

"Thank you, restaurant manager!" Tang Mi was so ecstatic she almost flew. She could finally sleep in for a whole day tomorrow!

The whole restaurant buzzed with excitement as closing time approached. By the time Tang Mi went to the cloak roam to change clothes, Supervisor Yu had already swapped into casual clothes and was applying her lipstick.

Tang Mi glanced at her red lipstick, She blinked and asked, "Are you going for a date?"

Supervisor Yu rolled her eyes at her. "Didn't you know that our restaurant manager also invited CEO Yu to karaoke?"

Tang Mi's eyes widened slightly. "CEO Yu is coming?" 

"Not sure, he's always so busy. Although, don't you think we should still prepare just in case?" Supervisor Yu finished applying lipstick and puckered her lips while facing the mirror. "My lashes aren't curled enough, need to brush through it more."

Tang Mi changed her clothes in a daze. CEO Yu didn't show up at our exhibition today. Would he come karaoke with us?

No, she couldn't imagine CEO Yu singing karaoke.