Chapter 13: Lin Che

Chapter 13: Lin Che- I was afraid that once I heard your confession, I wouldn't be able to leave

??

Tang Mi stared at him for a while, then walked up to him and said, "What are you doing here?"

Lin Che grinned at her. "I came here to eat your cakes."

There was a chocolate cake on his table, a thick layer of chocolate sauce pooled on top of the rectangular cake accompanied by a ring of chocolate flakes. Decorating the top were three long chocolate rolls made of white chocolate. As a final touch, a flower shaped syrup decoration was added, like a medal for the cake

"Such a pretty cake, I almost feel guilty eating it," he lamented, even still, he cut out a little piece and placed it in his mouth. "The chocolate is strong but very creamy, and the toasted nuts complement the taste as well. The coffee and rum infused syrup also pairs well with the chocolate.

"Hehehe, no wonder they call you the prince of baking, you figured out my recipe in only one bite."

Lin Che placed his fork down and curved his lips upwards at her. "Not everyone can replicate this taste, even if they know the recipe. Just like what I used to say to you, no matter how hard you follow a recipe, even one variable – even just the way you knead the dough – can make a huge difference in the final result."

Standing in the corner of the restaurant, the head chef and Manager Zhang were subtly observing Lin Che and Tang Mi on table 13.

"That youngster looks rather familiar, isn't he the Prince of Baking guy who recently got really popular?"

Manager Zhang nodded. "What's he doing here?"

The head chef stroked his chin. "Judging by the way he's looking at Tang Mi, it doesn't seem like he has any good intentions towards her. He's not here to take our pillars, right?" [TL: digging at their corners or taking away their foundations, i.e. Tang Mi because she's such amaze]

"Ah, actually, now that you say that, I remember hearing something about those two being in the same university before."

The head chef stared at him in shock. "Not good, I have to inform the restaurant manager."

Tang Mi was still standing at table 13 and replied per protocol to Lin Che, "If you have any comments about the cake, I'll take it seriously, otherwise I'm leaving."

Lin Che raised his brows. "Can't we just talk?"

"Sorry, I'm still working."

Lin Che thought for a moment and laughed a little, "Then I'll wait for you to finish."

Tang Mi had until 7pm or 8pm before she left. Wait if you want to then. As soon as she was about to leave, the restaurant manager appeared at her side.

Tang Mi immediately stood up straight. "Hello restaurant manager."

She chuckled at her then faced Lin Che, "Greetings Mr Lin, do you have any issues with our cakes?"

Lin Che smiled. "It's very delicious."

The restaurant manager smiled through her eyes. "It's an honour to receive your praise, Mr Lin."

"You have a very excellent pastry chef."

"Our CEO Yu also feels this way, which is why she is now one of our regular staff members."

Lin Che's brows shifted a little, then laughed out, "There's been a misunderstanding, that wasn't my intention at all."

The restaurant manager carried a professional smile and politely bowed. "I hope you enjoy your meal."