Chapter: 17 Would you be willing to teach me how to make a cake?

Chapter 17 — Would you be willing to teach me how to make a cake?

Two days later, the PR department came to take promotional pictures of the new product at Sweet Dream, which they had already started to advertise on their Weibo and website. The day that the strawberry parfait was released was also the day Tang Mi got her first paycheck.

It was much more than she had expected.

Tang Mi furrowed her brows as she looked at the number under 'Overtime pay.' It turned out that Yu Xin was actually serious when he said he would pay her for 'working overtime.'

She took advantage of her afternoon break and rushed outside to give Fu Xin a call. "Xiao Xing Xing, I got my paycheck! Tonight, I'm gonna take you out for some good food~!"

Fu Xin was ecstatic. "That's awesome! Congratulations, Tang Tang, you're one step closer to opening your own store! Keep saving up!"

"Yep, let's both do our best!" Tang Mi hung up the phone and hurried back inside the restaurant.

Perhaps the PR department did their job too well; a sea of customers came to the restaurant to try the new strawberry parfait dessert today. In fact, even Bai Xiao came by just to order some.

When Supervisor Yu served her the parfait, she smiled and said, "You're really lucky. This is the last strawberry parfait we have today."

Bai Xiao admired the desert in front of her. She couldn't help but exclaim, "It really is beautiful. No wonder it's received such a warm welcome."

Supervisor Yu gave her a professional smile. "You'll definitely fall in love with it after you try it. Enjoy your meal."

"Thank you." Bai Xiao took a bite using a fork. The cake had been infused with strawberry juice, making it soft and moist. Coupled with the creamy parfait and the fragrant pudding, it made one unable to help but take another bite.

She ate through half of the cake before spearing the strawberry on top of the cake with her fork. The moment the sourness of the strawberry and the sweetness of the cream hit her tastebuds, it created a pleasant combination of flavours. It was such a wonderful experience.

Bai Xiao blissfully blinked her eyes and then called Supervisor Yu over. "Excuse me, could I please see your pastry chef? This parfait is just delicious to the point I might cry."

Supervisor Yu. "..."

How many times is it now that a customer has requested to see Tang Mi today? Her name is receiving even higher praise than the restaurant manager!

Supervisor Yu smiled at Bai Xiao and went back to call for Tang Mi. Tang Mi immediately paused the moment she saw Bai Xiao sitting at her table.

This person's face looks so familiar; where have I seen her before? Oh, that's right. Isn't she the pretty lady that was talking to Sang Lan when I walked out of CEO Yu's office that day?

She smoothed out her clothes before walking over to Bai Xiao. "Hello, I'm Sweet Dream's pastry chef, Tang Mi."

Bai Xiao raised her head and smiled. "Hello, my name is Bai Xiao. We've met once before; do you remember?"

Tang Mi nodded. "You're someone from the company, right?"

Bai Xiao curved up her lips and handed Tang Mi a business card. "My company operates in the agricultural industry and actually supplies the ingredients that your restaurant uses."

Tang Mi opened her mouth in shock when she read the business card. This beautiful lady is the daughter of the prestigious Bai company! She took the card and smiled at Bai Xiao. "The ingredients from your company are always so fresh and delicious. If we didn't have them, my cakes wouldn't turn out so well."