Chapter 6: Yu Yi

Chapter 6: Yu Yi— Did you know that when you smile, your dimples show?

?

The two words 'sweetheart' bothered Tang Mi throughout the night, causing her to toss and turn until the early morning where she fell asleep. 

As a result of staying up very late, she overslept. At this time, Tang Mi was glad that work only started at 10AM. 

After she had slowly washed her face and brushed her teeth, she ate breakfast whilst checking her phone for last night's unknown number. 

According to her speculation, this number should be CEO Yu's personal phone. Yet, she, without any effort, was able to receive the boss' personal phone number?

Tang Mi had mixed feelings as she drank her milk. Does CEO Yu really have a split personality? Should I or should I not try calling back to test it?

Her heart was torn between heaven and earth. In the end, she couldn't resist her own curiosity and redialed the phone number.

Each beep sounded particularly long. Tang Mi held and released her breath in time with each beep. After five beeps, someone finally picked up.

"Hello."

The voice was ice-cold and distant, completely different from the deep warmth his tone had carried last night. For a little while, Tang Mi was stunned.

It really was Yu Yi, the one she was familiar with, the Yu Yi who had absolutely no emotion at all. 

She pressed her lips together, before stuttering out, " C-CEO Yu?" 

Yu Yi paused before asking, "Are you Tang Mi?"

"Y-Yes..."

"How did you get my number?"

Tang Mi choked a little, trying to come up with a lie. "Oh, I saw that I had a missed call when I woke up this morning, so I tried calling back. I never thought that it would be your number hahaha." 

Yu Yi was silent for a little while. "Luo Hao may have been the one using my phone. I'll confirm with him later."

"Oh, okay..."

"Was there anything else?"

Um..." Tang Mi thought for a long time before deciding to press her luck and ask, "CEO Yu, I know it's extremely presumptuous to ask, but do you remember what you did last night?"

Yu Yi didn't answer immediately, as though he was thinking. As the empty silence grew longer, Tang Mi became more anxious. She was worried that Yu Yi would be angered by this question. Perhaps there was still something else.

"I read some books when I got home and then went straight to sleep. Was there a problem?"

Yu Yi's completely apathetic voice transmitted through the phone. At this moment, Tang Mi suddenly felt that if she could make him angry, it might not be such a bad thing.

She pressed down on her dry lips. "No... My deepest apologies..."

Does he not know about Yu Xin's existence? But Yu Xin was very clear about everything he did.

At that point, Yu Yi said goodbye to her. Tang Mi could imagine his poker expression whilst he said those words, making her heart feel indescribably empty. She opened her mouth, and right before he hung up, she blurted out, "CEO Yu, did you know when you smile, your dimples show?"

There was no audio feedback from the phone. Contrarily, Tang Mi's heart began to relax.

She raised the corners of her lips, smiling as she said, "Goodbye, CEO Yu."