Chapter 39

After leaving the orphanage, Yu Yi found a Chinese restaurant and took Tang Mi for lunch.

The dining room was vintage, with a small rockery view in the booth they were in.

"Are you still teaching Bai Xiao how to make cake?" Yu Yi asked Tang Mi.

Tang Mi nodded, "Of course. She's really generous with her tuition fees. If this goes on, I won't be long before I can save enough to open a dessert shop!"

After Tang Mi finished speaking, she suddenly realized that she had unexpectedly said something about her wanting to jump into a new job in front of the big boss!

She looked at Yu Yi with a worried expression, but there wasn't any displeasure on Yu Yi's face, "I heard from Luo Hao that you want to open a dessert shop. It's a good thing for you to have a dream to pursue."

Tang Mi blinked. "You really think so?"

"Well, even though I don't want to lose a good employee like you as Yu's boss, I also don't want to restrict the employee's development. And, you're my girlfriend."

Tang Mi pursed the corners of her lips into a smile, but said nothing to him.

Yu Yi continued to say, "But I've told Bai Ce about us. By now, Bai Xiao should know about us."

Tang Mi's eyes twinkled. She thought for a moment. "Does Bai Xiao like you?"

Yu Yi pondered for a moment. "My parents really think she's the most suitable woman for me. But as I told you before, my marriage isn't a bargaining chip for my career. I think Bai Xiao can understand what I mean."

He paused, then added, "I was afraid you'd be uncomfortable with her. If you can't teach her any longer because of this, I can make up for the loss and add it to your salary."

Tang Mi was stunned. "You mean you want to give me a raise?"

"Yes."

"On what reason?"

Yu Yi replied matter-of-factly, "What reason do I need to raise wages for my employees?"

Tang Mi: "..."

As expected of the overbearing CEO.

She shrugged and said, "I'm fine, but perhaps she doesn't want me to teach her any more."

"I'll get in touch with her later, if she does fire me..."

"You don't need to compensate me. I already feel guilty for taking my current salary."

Yu Yi could not understand, "Why?"

"You really don't know?"

"My salary seems to get higher every month. "

Yu Yi lowered his head, picked up the ancient teacup and took a sip of tea.

Tang Mi narrowed her eyes and sized him up. "Don't tell me you're secretly raising my salary every month?"

Yu Yi replied in all seriousness, "How could that be? It should be because your monthly bonus is increasing."

Tang Mi looked at him and nodded with a smile that was not a smile. The waiter just happened to be here to deliver the dishes, so the two of them ended this topic.

The meal lasted until two o'clock, when Yu Yi and Tang Mi returned to the office.

Tang Mi went straight home. She sweated a lot while teaching her little friends how to make cake in the morning. She took a shower and went back to her bedroom to sleep comfortably.