36: Tang Mi's Birthday

After the new quarter's procurement meeting, Yu Yi walked out of the meeting room with Bai Ce and Bai Xiao.

Bai Ce looked at his watch, "Why don't we have lunch together?" he suggested.

"I'd like some Italian."

Bai Xiao was stunned. Bai Ce tilted his head to look at her and asked, "What's wrong?"

"You don't want Italian food? "

Bai Xiao shook her head, smiling. "It's OK."

Bai Ce raised his eyebrows and walked over to Yu Yi to chat about stocks with him.

Bai Xiao followed behind them, gazing silently at Yu Yi's back.

He used the words "I'd like" just now, that's the first time she had heard Yu Yi said that.

Although she hadn't had much personal contact with Yu Yi, they'd worked together for many years. She knew that Yu Yi had always been rational to make the right decisions — from business decisions to small things like what to eat for lunch.

He was like a robot that could never make a mistake.

But he said he would like some Italian food.

Is Italian food so fascinating that Yu Yi is becoming interested in it?

"No, no. " Bai Xiao thought. "There must be something else which had made him feel like an ordinary person."

"What is it?"

Bai Xiao felt that she knew the answer.

Bai Ce kept talking about stocks enthusiastically at lunch. Yu Yi replied with a few sentences occasionally. Bai Xiao sat and ate silently.

Yu Yi said he would pay the bill and when he opened his wallet, Bai Ce quickly grabbed his wrist. "What's that on your wallet?"

Bai Ce was so surprised that his eyeballs were about to fall out of his eye sockets. "Holy shit, that was you?"

"You have dimples?!"

"Oh no! You're with a girl. Isn't she the pastry cook?"

Bai Xiao craned her neck to look at the wallet. There was indeed a sticker which was not compatible with the expensive wallet.

What surprised her the most was the strange face of the man. "Is that Yu Yi?They have no resemblance. He has the same face, but who is he?"

In fact, she seemed to have seen that face before... It was on Yu Yi's last birthday.

That was the first time in Yu Yi's life, that he felt a little embarrassed. But he calmly withdrew his hand and gave the card to a waiter beside him.

Bai Ce looked at him with a faint smile, her eyes full of ridicule. "Aren't you going to explain yourself?"

Why?

"You're not my boyfriend."

Bai Ce: "..."

How can a man like him tell a cold joke?

Yu Yi ignored his expression, walking out of the restaurant.

Bai Ce looked at Bai Xiao, who stood beside him, and smilingly patted her head, "If you're not feeling well, you can go home and rest first."

Bai Xiao seemed a little embarrassed, and she was also touched by her brother.

She took a taxi to go home.

After lying on her bed for a while, she couldn't help but call Tang Mi.

Tang Mi had already recovered and returned to her baking room. Her phone rang and she asked, "Miss Bai, is there anything I can help you with?"