Chapter: 28 Hello, I am called Heart. Today is my first day at work.

Chapter 28 — Hello, I am called Heart. Today is my first day at work.

After the exchange program's attendees were finalized, the company passed on the news to the managers of the corresponding restaurants.

When Tang Mi learned that she was given the opportunity to be sent abroad for a exchange program, she was stunned speechless for nearly half a day.

This type of opportunity to go abroad in an exchange, wasn't it usually given to the employees who had contributed the longest to the company? Not to mention her newcomer status, 『Sweet Dream』 was also a newly established restaurant under Yu Zhi, so how come this meat pie was dropped on her head?

"What, you don't want to go?" The restaurant manager saw that she remained silent for a long time and raised an eyebrow in query.

"No, but I feel...somewhat...like this is a dream."

The restaurant manager laughed lightly. "This is a very good learning opportunity, so grasp it well. Besides, the exchange program lasts for ten days, so you can take advantage of this opportunity to have some fun abroad as well."

"Ah, if I go, what about the restaurant?"

"You don't need to worry about this. The head office will transfer another pastry chef over to lend a hand when the time draws near."

Tang Mi nodded. "Oh, okay. Then what should I prepare?"

The restaurant manager said, "The company will handle the formalities. When the moment comes, you just need to provide your travel information before leaving. Oh, by the way, the other person joining you is the pastry chef from『Twilight』, Jonathan. The macarons he makes have been in the top three of Yu Zhi's most popular desserts for years on end."

Tang Mi heard this and somewhat excitedly exclaimed, "I know of him. I especially like to eat his macarons. Furthermore, 『Twilight』's macarons can be bought to-go as well." She had once gone there intentionally to buy a case.

The restaurant manager seemed to be inspired and said, "Actually, I had previously thought about how our restaurant could also provide to-go desserts like them. For example, cookies or chocolate—the caramel cheesecake we sold last time can be a luxurious mini dessert gift; it'll be received very well by guests. Ah, but we'll talk about this more after you come back from the exchange program. Jonathan is an experienced pastry chef. You can learn a lot from him."

"I will. Thank you, restaurant manager!"

The restaurant manager chuckled. "The one you should be thanking is CEO Yu. I heard from Assistant Luo that CEO Yu respects you a lot."

Tang Mi's heart began palpitating with fear as she said, "Oh, that...thank you, CEO Yu!"

Restaurant Manager: "..."

When she returned that evening from work, Tang Mi impatiently rushed to the living room and flopped down beside Fu Xin. "Xiao Xing Xing, I'm going to Japan!"

"Ah?" Fu Xin bit into the dried sweet potato in her hands and stared at her blankly. "Why on earth are you going there?"

"I'm participating in an exchange program."

"Haha, don't joke around. You can't even fucking speak Japanese!"

Tang Mi: "..."

"Western-style pastry exchange program," she stressed.

Fu Xin thought for a moment and then seemed to understand, as she excitedly grabbed Tang Mi's hands. "Is that this year's annual exchange program? The one that Yu Zhi sends people to attend every year?!"