Chapter 5: Sweetheart

Chapter 5: Sweetheart This type of cake has around 3000 calories. That's equivalent to the energy used in three minutes of kissing.

?

Even after Yu Yi and Luo Hao left the restaurant, Tang Mi was still feeling immeasurably self-satisfied.

Like a ghost, Supervisor Yu drifted to her side and asked, "What did CEO Yu say to you?"

"Oh, he praised my cake, saying it was good."

Supervisor Yu's brows twitched twice. She stared at Tang Mi with some guardedness and said, "I'm telling you, an artwork like CEO Yu belongs to everyone. Don't you dare try to be exclusive with him."

Tang Mi bit her bottom lip without saying a word. Supervisor Yu continued on, "Hey, I know CEO Yu is very attractive, those long legs, slender waist and that height...." Speaking up to here, Supervisor Yu lowered her head in embarrassment. "What do you think CEO Yu's kiss would taste like?"

"I'm guessing mint," said Tang Mi.

"Why?"

"He's rather chilly."

Supervisor Yu: "..."

"I say it's definitely strawberry cream flavoured; nothing is more suitable than strawberry for a young girl's love." Supervisor Yu continued to imagine a fluttering fantasy.

Tang Mi choked mentally after hearing the two words 'young girl'. Suddenly, she opened her mouth. "Hello, Manager Zhang."

Supervisor Yu started before grabbing a serving plate and pasting on a smile. "Ah, I'm so busy. I'm going first."

She quickly left as soon as she finished talking. Manager Zhang watched her walk far away and then picked up the macaron that was placed on the table. "May I eat one?'"

Tang Mi nodded. "Of course you can."

Manager Zhang bit into the blue macaron. Tang Mi stared at him the whole time. Like a cat, his eyes blinked for a bit before he opened his mouth to say, "I've changed my mind. You really are better suited in the kitchen."

Tang Mi laughed. "Thank you."

After the wedding reception at noon finished, many customers came for dinner. As it was the first day that they opened the restaurant, they were exceptionally busy all the way until 9:30PM. Only then did the restaurant officially close.

"Good work everyone. Rest well when you go home." The restaurant manager locked up the store and bid everyone good night. All the employees then fluttered away like birds.

Tang Mi looked at the time. Feeling that she could still make the last bus, she walked by herself towards the bus stop. Although she was the only one at the station, there were still plenty of people walking around on the streets, so she didn't feel afraid. Not to mention, right next to her was a billboard picturing a muscular man. The words 「Care for Men's Health」 were written in big letters.

The phone in her bag started to ring. Originally, she thought it was Fu Xin calling, but when she retrieved it, she discovered that it was an unknown number.

Because she previously had sent her resume to many places, she received many calls for interviews. Having HR call at such a late hour, they must be pretty dedicated.

She answered the call and was just about to say that she had already found a job when she heard a sweet-sounding male voice from the other side say, "Are you able to return to the restaurant for a moment?"

Tang Mi blinked her eyes in shock. This was Yu Yi's voice; she wouldn't have heard it wrong. There was a significant difference, however, between this and the usual Yu Yi; just through his voice, she knew that the other side was smiling.