Chapter 14: Exposure

Chapter 14: Exposure – I'll leave if you kiss me.

Yu Xin firmly held He Si Qi's arm up in the air.

Presumably because of his bold entrance, the whole restaurant went quiet, everyone was either shocked or looking at him in admiration.

Tang Mi was the only one who was on the verge of tears.

Oh my god it's Yu Xin! Why is he at the restaurant?! If people find out, that's it!

He Si Qi recognised the man in front of her- the King of Gourmet, the man much sought after by the media, Yu Zhi's executive CEO.

However, he somehow seemed a little different from the rumours?

She wanted to take back her hand. Slightly frowning from the pain in her wrist, she said, "Mr. Yu, you're hurting me."

Yu Xin smiled as he let go of her. "If your palm had reached its target, it would've hurt more than this."

He Si Qi pursed her lips, she couldn't find any rebuttal to flip the script to her advantage. Furthermore, she couldn't quite understand why the dignified CEO of Yu Zhi would suddenly make an appearance here. In fact, what did he call Tang Mi just then? Sweetheart?

Yu Xin examined her, suddenly coming to a revelation. "I recognise you, you're the person who opened a bakery with Lin Che. Well, why don't you tell him my restaurant doesn't welcome him, and not to visit again."

He Si Qi was slightly confused for a second, and so were the rest of the customers in the restaurant. Yu Xin stared at He Si Qi, he said with a slight warning in his tone, "You too, if you cause trouble again next time, I won't be so polite"

The whole restaurant was focused on the nickname "sweetheart", Yu Xin turned to look at Tang Mi. Just as he was about to say something, Tang Mi shouted out, "CEO Yu!".

Yu Xin paused, allowing Tang Mi to take advantage of the moment of silence. "Are you here for the newly released cake? Ah, I'm still contemplating some of the details, let's discuss them outside!"

After she said that, she dragged Yu Xin out of the restaurant and completely ignored He Si Qi.

Yu Xin's car was just parked on the street, Tang Mi pushed him into the car and demanded, "Drive!"

Yu Xin raised his brows at her, but nonetheless followed her command and started up the engine.

After driving for a while, they stopped at a nearby, small garden. Tang Mi leaned back into her seat and took a few deep breaths to calm herself down.

Yu Xin had one hand gripping the steering wheel and turned his body to face her. "What's up with that woman?"

Tang Mi: "Oh, she's probably gone mad, don't worry about her. But what about to you, why did you suddenly come to the restaurant?"

Yu Xin gave a dry smile. "Why can't I go to the restaurant? Am I that terrible to look at?"

"Um, I didn't mean it that way...." Tang Mi tried her hardest to form coherent sentences. "I was just a bit worried, if other people found out about you, especially the media, they might write you off as a maniac! If that happens and the restaurant is forced to close down, I'll end up sleeping under a bridge!"

Yu Xin's eyebrow twitched. ".... The company won't fall that easily."

"Don't think lightly of them, those reporters would do anything for attention."

Yu Xin went silent.

"Alright"

He leaned closer to Tang Mi and chuckled, "Don't worry sweetheart, I won't let you sleep under a bridge."