Chapter 42

It was almost ten o'clock when Tang Mi arrived home. Tang Mi threw Fu Xin onto the sofa and shook her goose bumps.

She felt like she was moving a corpse.

She picked up her pyjamas and went to the bathroom to take a shower. when she came out, Fu Xin was sitting up on the sofa, staring vacantly at the dark sky outside the balcony.

Tang Mi walked up, put her five fingers together and shook them in front of her eyes. "Are you alright?"

"My life is as dark and desolate as the sky in front of me," she said in a voice full of poetical melancholy and vicissitudes.

Tang Mi: "..."

She pursed her lips and comforted, "Everyone experiences the dark side of the workplace. Just open your eyes a little."

"No, I don't think so. I've decided to resign!"

Fu Xin's words were resolute and decisive. Tang Mi thought for a moment and said, "Your boss is indeed going overboard. If it was me, I would also want to resign. But now that you've resigned, what about your debts?"

Fu Xin raised her head and said, "If the old don't leave, the new will not come. I won't be able to make any progress staying in that lousy company. It would be better for me to leave earlier and find another good job!"

Tang Mi's mouth twitched but she didn't say anything. Although Fu Xin was full of energy, she would still obediently scram to work when she woke up tomorrow. After all, she was in deep debt.

A debtor has no wayward right.

Fu Xin finished expressing her lofty aspirations and fell onto the sofa with a thump.

Tang Mi: "..."

She found a thin blanket and draped it over Fu Xin, leaving her to fend for herself in the living room.

After returning to her room, Tang Mi sat on her bed and thought for a while. Then, she took out her phone and called to Luo Hao.

Tang Mi's phone rang twice before it was picked up. Somewhat embarrassed, she said, "Sorry, Mr. Luo, I called you so late."

Luo Hao smiled and said, "It's alright, but don't let Chief Yu know."

If the big boss found out that he was still on the phone with his Sweet Heart in the middle of the night, he might even take away half a year's salary of his.

Tang Mi smiled into the microphone and said, "The reason I called you was to discuss the debt Fu Xin owes you ..."

At this point, she found it hard to say, "Well, she failed to raise her salary. Can you wait any longer?"

On the other end of the phone, Luo Hao's brows slightly twitched as he asked, "Didn't she get Chief Yu's exclusive interview?"

"Furthermore, Chief Yu specifically sent her a top news story."

Tang Mi pouted and said, "That's right, but the credit has been snatched by her superiors."

Luo Hao was silent for a moment. This sort of thing was common in the workplace. If you were to encounter it, you could only say that you were unlucky.

Tang Mi continued, "This matter is really infuriating. Right now, Fu Xin is also very angry. She even has plans to resign."

Luo Hao raised his eyebrows, "Didn't you say that she owed a lot of money?"

"If she resigns, what would happen to the creditors? "

Tang Mi sighed, "If things really have progressed to this stage, I can only help to pay it for her. I happen to have saved some money during this period of time."