Chapter: 20 It was Yu Yi who killed her.

Chapter 20 — It was Yu Yi who killed her.

Tang Mi stared blankly at the name 'Yu Yan.'

Yu was not a common surname. Those two words seemed to validate her conjecture of sorts. The report only gave Yu Yan's age, however, and not much else.

She kept staring at the webpage for quite a while before she turned off her computer and headed straight to bed.

Could it be that this was the shadow in CEO Yu's childhood?

Tang Mi turned over, her brows puckered. The crime occurred exactly fifteen years ago on this very day, which meant—today was Yu Yan's death anniversary.

She grabbed her phone from beside the pillow and subconsciously scrolled down to Yu Yi's number. The message history only showed two messages, each one sent by Yu Xin. Her fingers twitched above the call button. In the end, she stowed her phone away.

Even if Yu Yan and Yu Yi actually had some kind of relationship, she was not in any position to get involved.

She indulged in her flights of fancy for a spell before actually falling asleep, until a brief series of knocks woke her up. She sat up with the blanket pooling around her and ruffled her long hair, thinking to herself that it must be Fu Xin coming back drunk from wine to the point where she couldn't find the keyhole to open the door.

The knocking continued as Tang Mi climbed out of bed, put on slippers, and walked over. "Coming! Drink less since your alcohol tolerance is no good!"

The moment she opened the door, Tang Mi was struck dumb.

For several seconds, she opened and closed her mouth. Eventually, she whispered, "Mister...Yu?"

Although the man at the door wore a well-ironed suit, his jacket was casually opened wide, his black tie loosened so that the knot rested against his collarbone. Several buttons on his white shirt was also undone.

Yu Yi probably wouldn't allow himself to appear like this in front of others.

Yu Xin perked up and flashed a beautiful smile at her, though his smile unexpectedly held a trace of fatigue. "Sweetheart, luckily, you're home."

His sigh seemed a bit worried, deeply worried, but it was more like a sigh of relief from gaining a new lease on life after a calamity. Tang Mi gazed at him for a while, forgetting to reply. Yu Xin propped himself against the doorframe with one hand, an unfathomable look in his eyes. "You turned off your phone. The restaurant said you were on vacation today, and I didn't know where to find you."

Tang Mi froze. A moment later, she regained her ability to speak normally. "Ah, my phone might be dead. I saw just a moment ago that the battery level was already red." She paused before asking, "What did you want to find me for? Yi, how did you know where I live?"

Yu Xin chuckled lightly at her. "Did you forget? I saw you through the window last time." He took a step forward then, and his body encroached slightly into Tang Mi's personal space. "Are you really not going to invite me in to take a seat?"

This question caused Tang Mi to mentally panic. Normally, she would never hastily allow a man to come in, but Yu Xin seemed to be a bit unusual. She could not lock the door and refuse to see him.

She turned her body to allow him inside. Yu Xin furrowed his brows slightly at this. "Sweetheart, your safety awareness is too weak. In the future, do not allow people to enter so casually. Even more, you should not allow strangers inside."

Tang Mi: "..."

Her lips tugged downward. She wanted to say something, but then Yu Xin added, "Of course, I'm an exception."