Chapter 16: New product

Chapter 16: New product – Just one bite.

Though dissatisfied with Yu Yi's attitude, Yu's father remained silent and gestured Bai Xiao towards the dining room.

The table was filled with dishes that Yu Yi's parents believed were his favourite. Yu's mother picked up a piece of steamed cod with her chopsticks and placed it into Yu Yi's bowl. "This is your favourite dish. Today's cod is very fresh."

Yu Yi nodded silently. Father Yu glanced over at him. "Old Xie gifted two orchestra tickets to us but your mother and I are busy and don't have time to attend. Why don't you take Xiao Xiao and go together this afternoon?"

Bai Xiao paused with a bowl in her hand. She subconsciously looked over at Yu Yi, who swallowed his food before replying, "I've got an appointment this afternoon."

Yu Yi's father furrowed his brows. "Who did you make an appointment with? Can't you cancel it? It's so rare for Xiao Xiao to visit."

"This afternoon I need to taste test a new pastry product. If I don't go, then the chef's efforts would go to waste."

Before Yu Yi's father could say anymore, Bai Xiao intervened. "Uncle Yu, I also have an appointment so I wouldn't be able to go to the orchestra anyway."

With her words, Father Yu could only keep his mouth shut. He spent the rest of the meal in silence, while Mother Yu tried her best to ease the atmosphere by placing food into everyone's bowls.

Bai Xiao stood up and bid her farewells after lunch. Yu Yi's parents didn't keep her any longer but the moment she left, their expressions did not seem well.

Yu Yi, lacking social cues as usual, stood up to bid his own farewell. "Father, mother, I'm returning to the company first."

Father Yu finally couldn't hold it in any longer. "All you ever think about is going back to work. You're already of age, it's about time you thought about your own personal relationships. Do you want to be single for the rest of your life?"

Yu Yi turned around, looking at him apathetically as he said, "It's not as if you don't know my situation. Do you really think Bai Xiao could handle it?"

His parents quietened at that comment. After a moment, Yu Yi's mother opened her mouth and said, "Xiao Xiao has a kind personality and a strong character. I believe she can accept you for who you are; she might even be able to help handle some of your work responsibilities."

"I will consider this myself, there's no need for you to worry."

Yu Yi was about to leave when his mother scowled and hysterically shouted, "If I don't worry about you, then who do I worry about? You're my only son!"

Yu Yi paused for a moment, but still stepped out of the main gate.

Luo Hao was waiting for him outside and had noticed Bai Xiao leaving just moments before. Yu Yi stepped into the car and told the chauffeur, "back to the office."

The car slowly started. Luo Hao looked at Yu Yi in the reflection of the rearview mirror, Originally, he intended to ask about Bai Xiao's situation, but stayed quiet once he saw Yu Yi's dark expression.

Though, since when did CEO Yu have expressions?

His thoughts drifted to Tang Mi, and the corner of his lips lifted subtly.

By the time Tang Mi carried the cake over to Yu Zhi, it was 5 minutes to three. The secretary, Sang Lan, was seated at the office when Tang Mi walked over and greeted her.