Chapter 7: Doctor

Chapter 7: Doctor — If you have any psychological problems that need to be dealt with, you're welcome to find me.

?

Ever since that day Tang Mi had met Yu Xin, she had not encountered him in the following days; in fact, not even Yu Yi had visited the restaurant.

On this day at noon, 『Sweet Dream』 had just opened for business. The store only had a few customers, who were seated in twos and threes. A gentleman wearing a suit entered the store. Supervisor Yu's eyes lit up when she saw the man's handsomeness and personally went up to greet him. "Good morning sir, did you have a reservation?"

Doctor Zhang tilted his head towards her. With a professional smile, he said, "No."

Supervisor Yu blinked with stars in her eyes. "May I inquire how many guests are with you?"

"Just myself."

"Please come this way, sir." Supervisor Yu graciously led him to an empty table and handed him the menu.

Doctor Zhang flipped through the desserts, slowly scanning through every pastry. "Your restaurant's cakes are very beautiful; do they look the same in reality?"

Supervisor Yu replied, "These photos are all of the original cake. Please rest assured."

Doctor Zhang closed the menu and returned it to Supervisor Yu. "I would like the wine-infused fruit cake and the swan puff, thank you."

Supervisor Yu was all smiles as she said, "Would you like to order anything else? Our foie gras here is quite good."

"No thanks."

Supervisor Yu reluctantly left the scene.

In the end, it was Supervisor Yu who delivered the dessert. Once it was placed down in front of Doctor Zhang, his brows raised, surprised by the exquisiteness of the cake. He picked up a spoon and scooped a small piece of the cake into his mouth. He then called out for Supervisor Yu. "I don't mean to disturb you, but may I meet your pastry chef?"

Supervisor Yu paused for a moment before smiling and asking, "Is there something wrong with the flavour?"

"Oh, not that. It's very delicious." Doctor Zhang showed an expression of appreciation. "That's why I would like to personally thank her."

Tang Mi was cutting dough when Supervisor Yu walked in with a serving plate. She knocked a few times on the table. "The customer on table 9 says he would like to meet you."

Tang Mi froze for a moment before looking at her, slightly nervous as she asked, "Was there something wrong with the cake?"

Supervisor Yu slanted down her lips. "He said it was very good and wanted to personally thank you."

"Really? For real?" Tang Mi cupped her face in excitement. This was the first time a customer had looked for her. "Then could you help me look after the oven? You just need to take the pan out when the timer is done!"

Supervisor Yu: "..."

Tang Mi had already happily skipped away.

She neatened up her shirt and hat before approaching table 9. Very politely, she greeted, "Hello."

Doctor Zhang tilted his head towards her, his eyes filled with deep interest as he asked, "Are you the pastry chef here?"

"Yes, I am."

Doctor Zhang swept his eyes over her name tag. He smiled before saying, "Tang Mi, you are just as sweet as your name and, of course, the cakes you make."