Chapter 3

"You were given this life
because you are strong
enough to live it"

Winters P.O.V.

The whole ride home I didn't speak and they didn't try to speak to me, they knew I didn't want to talk about it.

Right now I'm in my room laying on my bed looking outside. I've been in here for about two hours . Not saying anything.

Moments later my mom walks in and lays beside me and I instantly cry on her, "Its alright my baby, let it out" she says running her hand through my hair. After a few minutes I stop crying and I look up at her, "I'm scared mama, I don't want to go through that again" I tell her pleadingly, "I know your scared baby but remember, your brothers are here to protect you and so is the rest of your pack. We will not let anyone hurt you yeah? I told you, we will test the mate bond on you both to make sure you are mates alright?" I just nod my head trying to get myself to trust my instincts.

"Alright, now, we have the Alpha of the Shadow Moon Pack and his brothers coming over in less that an hour and I want you to dress nice, that means a dress Winter, no sweat pants, no jeans, no shorts. Understand?"

"Yes ma'am" I say to her as she kisses the top of my head, "Alright, everything will be okay my baby" I nod my head at her as she gets off my bed, "Watch this" she says walking to my door.

She opens it and all my brothers, and Jordan and Rox fall on top of each other and I burst out laughing. Of course they were spying on us. My mom crosses her arms over her chest and looks at them scramble to get up. Once they all are up, they look at my mom then to me then back to her, "You all are supposed to be getting ready for our guest" she says with her motherly and Luna tone which means their in deep shit.

They just look down and not say anything. She looks over at me and smiles and we burst out laughing. "Your sister is alright ok, just a scare but we will get though this won't we Winter?"

"Yes mama" I say smiling at her. They all look at me and jumps on top of me trying to kiss my face and tickling me , "Get off you idiots" I yell laughing at them. My mom claps her hands and everyone stands up including me, "Everyone go get ready, they will be arriving soon" and with those words everyone filed out of my room to go get ready. She hugs me one more time and kisses my head, "Everything will be okay" and with that she left my room and shut the door so that I could get ready.

I went in my closet and found a cute black dress. That fits me very well.

I straightened my hair and did a little bit of makeup

I straightened my hair and did a little bit of makeup. I didn't put on shoes bc my feet was covered by the dress.

I took one last look in the mirror and decided that I was happy with my look. I left my room and went down the hall to Rox room to see what she was wearing. I open the door because we never knock on each others door for some reason and to my surprise she's in all black as well with no shoes. We look at each other and smile ear to ear at each other, "I swear we are sisters" she says. I just smile at her. "Are you okay?" She asks, "Yeah, just scared you know, I don't want to get hurt again"