Chapter 4

"May my heart be kind,
my mind fierce,
and my spirt brave"

Winter P.O.V.

The rest of the night went by pretty good. Joshua and I have gotten to know each other, when talking to him, I didn't zone out at all which is crazy.

I also got to know his brothers better.

Jack is the youngest who goofs around a lot like Roland except Roland isn't the youngest. Luke is the second youngest and he's quiet and thinks a lot but he's sweet and caring like Quil who is the youngest. Christopher is the third youngest and is nothing but a goofball that loves to eat and play tricks on people just like Embry and then theirs Damien, the protector. Don't get me wrong. All of the brothers are very protective but Damien is always thinking ahead. Has plans after plans making sure nothing happens to no one just like Tristan.

They told me that they have a younger sister as well, Sybil, she's not the youngest though. She was born before Jack. She didn't come last night because she was helping their mom.

Joshua kept asking me questions about my past 'mate' thing but when I wouldn't answer or change the subject he wouldn't push the issue. I told him to give me time and that I would tell him when I'm ready.

After we were done talking we just sat in each others presence in silence. It was a comfortable silence though.

He noticed that I wasn't wearing shoes last night and picked up my feet and placed them on his lap. I was shocked and caught off guard but it soon was replaced with comfortableness.

I get brought out of my thoughts when Rox bursts in my room smiling like the Cheshire Cat. "And How May I help you?" I ask as she lays in the bed beside me. "We didn't get to really talk about how we felt to each other last night so isn't it amazing that we're still going to be together. We literally get to move into the same house together, our children will get to grow up together like we did"

"Yeah, we were meant for each other" she laughs and sits up bringing me with her, "Oh yeah. I was told to come get you for breakfast" I just nod my head and get up.

We walk down to the kitchen, as soon as I walk in I freeze in my spot and look at the site in front of me and start to cry, "Dad?" He turns around with bacon handing out his mouth and it makes me laugh. "Well come here Ash, I believe I need a hug" he says calling me by my middle name. I run to him and jump in his arms. Yes I'm a daddy's girl. "I've missed you so much" I say into his chest, "I've missed you too"

"What about me? Don't you miss your favorite uncle?" I turn around and see uncle Roman and his hair is a mess. I laugh and run over to him as well giving him a big hug. "How've you been monkey? I hear your going to be Luna of the Shadow Moon Pack" he says crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm well and yeah, it looks that way" he brings me in for another hug, "I'm so proud of you, you've been through so much. I'm glad to know that you will be well looked after and plus you have your spiritual sister with you"

"That's right BITCH! I'm everywhere! There's no getting rid of me!" I hear Rox yell from in the dining room which is soon followed by a loud smack and a deep laugh, "I mean, that's right uncle Roman" she says in a quieter voice. Aunt Julie must have hit the shit out of her and uncle Malcom was the one laughing. Which he got hit as well.

"Winter" my father called from the living room. I walk in and he's sitting next to my mom with his arm around her, "Yes?" I sit in front of them and wait. "Since I'm here now, I will be fighting your mate tonight to defend your honor and to see if he is capable of protecting you. Now I know you know the rules of combat. I will not hurt him enough till he's at the point of death I wouldn't dare do that to you. The fight will last five minutes. You are required to be there and watch the whole fight. Embry and Roland will be sitting next to you to make sure you don't get involved, if you feel you can't handle it, zone out okay?" I don't say anything. I just nod my head.