Chapter 34

Am I wrong?

Joshua's P.O.V.

The whole drive back home I was just thinking. What if it is twin girls?

It's not that I don't want a female to lead the pack when I'm gone it's just, I know that there will be multiple people that will challenge her and her sister for their spots. Their own cousins might just challenge them and a challenge like that is a fight to the death.

I remember the day I was throned Alpha, my favorite cousin challenged me for Alpha because he thought that since he was older and more mature than I was that he should be Alpha.

It killed me that he thought of me as someone who was to weak to lead my fathers pack and it killed me that I had to kill him. I tired and tried to get him to tap out but he wouldn't.  He looked me dead in my eyes and said, "Your to weak to lead this pack, they'll never follow you" when he said that, I looked him dead in his eyes and ripped his heart out.

The fact that I thought he was always on my side and always wanted to be around me doing pack business just made me think he wanted to be around me and help out. No he was trying to take my place the whole time and till this day, I have no idea why.

I remember going to my dads office because he called for me and before I walked in. I heard him telling my father that I wasn't ready to be Alpha that he should chose him as a new successor to the throne. My father told him that he would never betray family like that and he was surprised that he was trying to. And the day my father decided to retire as Alpha and give it to me.

I was challenged.

I was twenty four at the time and he was twenty six. He always kept me out of trouble when I was a pup and for him to betray me the way he did. Broke me.

Hearing a knock on my window, I look and see a worried Winter. I didn't even notice we were home. Opening the door and getting out she grabs my face and makes me look at her in the eyes.

"Talk to me, we've been doing good with talking about our feelings to each other and now your blocking me out yet you know I can feel your emotions. So talk" she says looking me deep in my eyes.

"Come on, let's go inside and I promise to we'll talk once we get in the room" I say grabbing her hand and walking into the house behind everyone.

It was roughly around twelve in the morning so everyone went straight to bed.

As we were walking up the stairs, I noticed Winter let my hand go which caused me to stop and turn towards her.

She's holding onto the rail of the stairs holding her stomach, breathing hard. Walking down a couple of stairs, I wrap my arm around her waist and help her up the rest of the stairs. "These stairs be kicking my ass now, good thing I have training in the morning. I'm getting out of shape" she says out of breath which causes me to laugh a little. "Your only doing little things tomorrow Flower. Like you can do the pack run but don't run to fast. You can do anything that's not hand to hand combat and don't push yourself to hard. You know I'll be watching" I say opening our room door, letting her go in first.

"Awh hush. You not the only one who's going to be watching and if you must know, I'll be training with the pups tomorrow with Rox and Lola" she says pushing me away from her a little. "Let's shower, then we'll talk alright" she nods her head and walks into the bathroom and starts the shower.

I go into the closet and get us a change of clothes, which for me is boxers and gym shorts and for Winter, it's a sports bra, niki pro spanks and one of my shirts. She doesn't usually ware a bra to bed but since she's pregnant now she says it's more comfortable since their always so sore.

After our shower, I helped put lotion on her and she helped me in return then we got comfortable in bed with her sitting up against the headboard and me sitting at the bottom of her feet massaging them. "So tell me what's going on Josh" she says getting me to look her in her eyes.

Sighing, I look down at her feet then back up at her. "I don't want them to be girls" I say looking her in the eyes.

She looks at me for a while and I see all emotion in her eyes disappear. "Why?" She says with no emotion. "What if they are girls? Then they will be Alpha and Beta, which means when it's their time to step up, anyone can challenge them for their spots and that challenge is a fight to the death. I don't think I can take it if I lose my daughters" I say not looking at her anymore.

"You do know that if their boys, they can get challenged too right? You do know that if they get challenged, it's also a fight to the death right? If I have daughters, they will rule this pack, they will not lose if they are challenged and goddesses help those who challenge them because my girls are NOT going down without a fight. They have unties that will show them what a strong woman looks like as their growing up and let's not forget who their mother is and the story she has on how she got the way she is today. My girls will be the strongest leaders of this pack in years and I can't wait to see it" she says so calm that it almost scares me. I don't want to look her in the eyes because I feel like I will see Phoenix.

"Look at me" she says in a demanding tone. "And if their cousins decide to challenge them then so be it. It will be up to them to see how far that goes and we will not interfere what so ever. My girls will be stronger than I ever was and ever will be" she says with pride and anger and I see her eyes flicker from brown to gray to red in a quick second.

"I get everything your saying but that's not something I'm willing to risk Winter" I say standing up off the bed. I can't risk my daughters getting killed over something like this. If they turn out to be girls, then they will not rule this pack. I love them to much to put their life's at risk.

Hearing laughing, I turn around towards Winter and see that she's now standing up and one of her eyes are red. "So what are you saying Joshua?" She says walking closer to me until she's standing right in front of me. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. When she opened them, I saw both of her beautiful brown eyes but there was no life in them. But what caught me off guard was that she was smiling.

"Winter, don't start this shit man. I'm saying that if we having girls, they won't be Alpha and Beta when the time comes. If we have more kids and one is a boy then the first boy will be Alpha. If we continue to have girls then Ej and Dj will be Alpha and Beta and that's the end of it. I'm Alpha and I have the final say in this shit. Not you. Do I make myself clear?" I said using my Alpha tone.

She cocks her head to the side and lifts an eyebrow at me. She laughs a little, looking down at her stomach then back up at me, "Crystal" she says kissing my cheek then gets back into the bed and turns her lamp of.

Sighing, I turn my lamp off and go into the living area and lay on couch, watching tv.