Chapter 13

The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones that's worth suffering for

Winter's P.O.V.

Tonight will be the first night I've slept alone in some years. But that's because of the nightmares.

Tonight's gana be interesting.

I just remembered, I didn't bring anything to sleep in tonight. Fuck!

Rox, can you go to mine and Joshua's room and bring me some of my clothes to sleep in and some clothes for the morning

Why aren't you in your room?

Long story but can you please do it

Yeah, where are you?

Guest room in the east wing on the second floor fifth door on the left

Ok, I'll be there in a minute

Ten minutes later she just walks in with a bag on her arm. "Thank you" I say taking the bag from her.

Once I open it, I see one of Joshua's shirts and I pick it up and look back at her, "What? I know you sleep in his shirts. Well when y'all ain't practicing making babies that is"

I just roll my eyes at her and walk into the bathroom to change, "How did things go with Damien?" I yell from in the bathroom.

"He was pissed off that I left without telling him and that I could have been hurt but then I went off and explain to him where we're coming from. We argued for a while but then he finally understood and promised to include me from now on" I peaked my head out of the bathroom and looked at her then I noticed hickeys on her neck and I just shook my head.

"I take it the conversation with Joshua didn't go well" she says laying back on the bed. "Nope" I say popping the p.

"He wasn't in your room when I went there"

"He's probably in the gym, I don't know and don't really care at this moment" she didn't say anything so I looked back at her and she's fallen asleep. I just shake my head and throw a blanket over her and turned off the lights then left to go to the kitchen. On the way there I saw Damien walking towards me. "Luna, I just wanted to apologize for earlier" he says slightly bowing his head at me.

"It's fine, Roxanne forgives you so I do and it's not you I want the apology from but it's greatly appreciated. Oh and Roxanne is asleep on the bed in the room I'm in" he nods his head then walks down the hall to the room I'm staying in to get Rox.

I however decided to go to the kitchen for some food. 

Walking in, I see one of the worrier leaders, Max and his daughter. She looks too be maybe five and I can see she has attitude already from the way she's looking at him.

I walk up to her as she's sitting on the counter waiting for her father with a pout on her face.

"Hey pretty girl what's your name?" I whisper to her. I don't want to distract her father from getting what she wants, "Lilly" she whispers back with a smile.

I hop up on the counter with her, "What's wrong love?"

"Daddy can't find my fruit snacks and mommy is asleep with Logan"

"Who's Logan?"

"My baby sister"

"I'm sorry sweetheart I don't see-" he then stops once he notices me and bows, "I'm sorry Luna, I didn't know you were in here please forgive me" he pleads.

I hop off the counter and walk up to him, "Please stand" I motion to him and he does as told, "Max, it's okay, I take no offense. I was just talking to your beautiful daughter" he nervously scratches the back of his neck and sighs, "Yeah, she wants fruit snacks but I think Luke ate them all" I just nod my head and hop up on the counter to where I'm standing and go through the cabinet.

I move a box of gram crackers and found a box of fruit snacks in the back of the cabinet. I grab the box and get back off counter then open it and hand Lilly two little bags. She gives me the brightest smile, "Thank you Luna Winter" she says jumping off the counter running to hug my legs. I hug her back and smile, "Your welcome sweetheart" I kiss the top of her head and push her towards her father.

"Thank you Luna" Max says and bows his head. "No problem Max. You both get some sleep tonight yeah?" They nod their heads and make their way back to their room.

I hop back up on the counter and put the box back then hop down and head back to my room for the night. I've had a long day and I'm tired.

Winter, Please come to bed

I hear Joshua's voice in my head but ignore it and keep walking to my room the the time being.

Joshua's P.O.V.

I've pleaded and pleaded for Winter to come to bed but she won't answer me.

I know she hears me.

Right after she left I stayed in the same spot for a few minutes until I heard my mom telling me to come to her room and it sounded like she was pissed.

I walked into her room and my dad walked out whispering a good luck to me. I was so confused.

Once he left, he shut the door. "Sit" my mom said motioning to the chair in front of her bed.

Once I sit she looks at me with an emotionless face, "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I'm sorry?" I ask confused.

"I didn't stutter. We've taught you better than that" I'm still confused on what she's talking about.

"Winter is your mate, your Luna. You have to share responsibility of the pack with her. Was there ever a pack meeting or issues you didn't see me at? Even when I was pregnant?" Once she said that. I knew exactly what she was talking about, but how did she know.

"No ma'am" I say honestly. "Then what the fuck is wrong with you? Do you not think she is strong enough?"

"No ma it's not that. I just don't want her to get hurt"

"Did you or did you not see how she handled the execution? Did you or did you not see her pass the sentence? Did or didn't she escaped by herself?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Then there's no fucking excuse Joshua Rodrigo Alejandro Cruz. You better go apologize to her right fucking now or I swear to the moon goddess herself, I will take away the chances of you having pups" and with that being said I covered my manhood. I knew for a fact that her threat was real and I'm sure I have fear in my eyes right now.

"Now go" she says pointing to the door and I sprint out of the room.

By now I know Winter is asleep and it's close to the time her nightmares start. They start at the same time every night but I'm always their to stop them as soon as they start, just by kissing on her forehead.

I know she doesn't want to be around me right now but it pains me that she's about to go through this without me there.

Let me go, my wolf Cole says. Then it hits me. Jordan says that either him or one of her brothers used to sleep in her room at the foot of her bed in wolf form and it helps her calm down.

I decide to let Cole be with her, maybe she won't get mad at him.

I follow her sent to a guest room on the other side of house and open the door and see that she's rocking back and forth crying in her sleep. My heart brakes that I was so stubborn, having her go through this because of my own selfish needs.

I walk in and close the door behind me then walk up to her and kiss her forehead and she instantly stops crying.

Take care of her Cole.

Is all I say to him and I let him take over.

Once done, he hops up on the bed and lays down beside her. She instantly cuddles up next to him and relaxes and I drift off to sleep.