Chapter 31

The mind is a powerful place and what you feed it can effect you in a powerful way

Winters P.O.V.

"Holy fuck" we both say looking at each other with wide eyes.

"This is your baby's heartbeat" she says smiling at me. "From the size of it, you are about three and a half weeks and the baby looks perfectly healthy" she says taking away the handle thingy but before she cleaned it off I spoke, "Can I uh, can I hear it again please" she nods her head with a smile and I quickly grab my phone and hit record and I recorded the heartbeat.

"Alright Luna, you and your baby are perfectly healthy, you just need to take your prenatal vitamins every morning and night and that should help with puking and I will give you something to help with your appetite because the baby is a little to small and you aren't showing so that should help and when you get back home, go to your pack doctor for another check up" she says handing me a prescription for when we get back home and a pill to take for my appetite.

"Thank you" I say looking up at her with a smile. "It's my honor" she then bows to us and takes her leave to go.

"I knew it" Joshua says more to himself but I can hear him clearly.

"That's why I've been constantly rubbing your stomach. I always catch myself doing it" He says kneeling on the side of the bed with his hand on my stomach.

"We're about to be parents Winter" he says looking at me with tears in his eyes.

He then picks me up and twirls me around.

"The love of my life is having my baby. Thank the goddess up above" he says kissing me all over my face. "We have to tell everyone, let's call them now" he says running to get his phone but I stop him. "No, let's wait till we get back home. We leave tomorrow anyway so let's wait. Let's keep this news to ourselves just for today" I say wrapping my arms around his waist.

He nods his head with a smile and kisses me.

"Are you hungry?" He asks looking me in the eyes. "I actually am this time" I say with a smile. He the turns around and motions for me to get on his back to which I hop up and wrap my legs around him and we make our way to the kitchen.

He sits me on the counter then turns and gets in between my legs. "What are you craving my love"

"A steak with rice" he kisses my head then my lips. "As you wish my love" he then goes to the fridge and gets the stuff out.

Then something occurred to me. What if we have a girl? She will be the first female Alpha in over 100 years. "Joshua, what if it's a girl" his body stiffness and he slowly turns around towards me.

"If its a girl, that means she will be the first female Alpha in over 100 years and that means some people won't think she's strong enough to lead her pack and will challenge her" I say looking him in his eyes. "I will kill anyone who try's to hurt my daughter Joshua" I say to him feeling myself get heated and I felt my eyes flicker which means Phenix was present for a second.

He quickly rushes to me and rubs my back to calm me down. "We will protect her my love. If it's a girl, she will be trained just how you were. She's going to know how to defend herself and everyone is going to love her how they love you. If it is a girl then we'll teach her how to do everything alright" he says cupping my face. I just nod and he kisses my lips then goes back to cooking.

After about an hour, the food was done and I ate all of my food and some of Joshua's which he was more than okay with. He said he was happy seeing me eat like normal again.