Chapter 33

She's at peace, yet somehow on fire

Winters P.O.V.

After dinner, we all sat around in the living room just talking and laughing. "Winter, Rox come here" my mom says getting up and going into the kitchen.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" She asks sitting down on the counter with Rox flowing behind her. "When you were pregnant wit Roland And Embry. Did the doctor tell you right away that you were having twins? Like did they see both babies at the same time?" I ask placing my hand on top of my little bump.

"Yes, even though Roland was a little smaller than Embry. They saw both of them. Why you ask?" She says with a smile that kind of threw me off.

Looking at Rox, she's smiling at me too.

"When I was sleeping. I woke up to Ryan laying his head on my stomach and he was counting. I asked what he was counting and he said the babies inside me. I tried to tell him it was only one but he said it wasn't and pointed to two different spots on my stomach. Then I asked Joshua to listen and he said he heard three heartbeats but one was mine. How could the doctors miss that?"

"It's possible that one of them was hiding behind the other and as for them not hearing the others heartbeat, their heartbeats could be in sink. Your brother's were like that. Their heartbeat was always one but they didn't hide behind each other" she says rubbing my stomach.

"And I know both Dj and Ej didn't hide behind each other" I say looking at Rox.

"Yeah, they were just like Roland and Embry. They didn't hide behind each other and their heartbeat was always together. The only time it was different was when one was awake and hyper active. Which we all know was Ej wit his hyper little ass"

"Come on. Let's go to the pack doctor really quick without the boys knowing" my mom says grabbing my hand. "Wait, I have to at least tell Josh something and you know you have to tell da that your leaving somewhere. Let's just say we're making a run to the store or something" She just nods her head and we walk back into the living room. Where everybody is sitting and talking.

Walking up to Joshua, I sit on his lap and he instantly puts one hand on my stomach and the other one on my ass.

"Im going to take a walk with my mom and Rox in the gardens ok?" I said with a peck to his lips. "Alright. Be careful, is their guards around? I want you to be safe. I would go with you but I know how you need time with your mother" he says rubbing my stomach.

Nodding my head I smile at him, "Yes, theirs always guards posted when one of us decides to leave the house or to take a walk. Their there but they stay in the shadows. Watching everything" I said stating how overprotective all the boys are in the house. He nods his head then kisses my cheek.

Leaving the boys behind, we all walk out the house and down to the pack hospital with guards following us. "Not a word to of this to my husband unless we're in ultimate danger understand?" My mom yelled out to the guards that we hiding in the shadows. Hearing growls from around us I knew they agreed.

Walking into the hospital, we go straight into one of the rooms and wait for the doctor. Moments later she walks in with a big smile on her face. "Hey Winny, how you doing hunny?" She says giving me a long hug. She was like my mom when my mom was doing pack business.

"I'm good Mrs. Faye, just a little confused" I say rubbing my belly. "What's the problem hunny?"

"When I went to the doctor back home, she only spotted one baby but Ryan and Joshua hear two heart beats. Not including my own" she simply nods her head and lifts my shirt. "It's common for twins to hide behind one another, and for their heartbeats to be in sink" she says putting the gel stuff on my stomach and then putting the stick thingy on my stomach.