Chapter 38

I promise to protect you with my life

Winters P.O.V.

After we got home. I let Storm take over and we went for a run. I honestly didn't know how big I actually was until we shifted. Storm is a lot bigger than my human form.

After we came back from our run, we didn't even shift back when we entered the house. Everyone bowed as I walked by and the little pups all ran to me just staring and barking at me with joy in their eyes.

"Run along, go play" Rox says coming form the kitchen with a bowl of water. Once she's in front of me she sits it on the floor and we immediately go for it.

After we finish it we slump down on the floor and just lay there. Rox then sits on the floor next to us and she starts rubbing my stomach.

Just as we were falling asleep she stopped which caused Storm to growl at her. "Your falling asleep and your in the middle of the foyer. Get up and go to your bed Storm" she says standing up. She growls again but slowly gets up and we make our way up the stairs and into our room where we hear a lot of commotion coming from what sounds like the girls room.

Walking in, I see Damien and Joshua struggling to put their cribs together. I bark twice at them and they quickly turn their heads towards me. "Hey Storm" they both say and she nods her head at them then walks out of the room.

Going into the living area, she hops up onto the couch and we lay there until soon, we fall asleep.

Turning in my sleep, I felt a sharp pain go up my back and my legs were wet. I open my eyes and look down and I see blood.

Looking over, I don't see Joshua but I hear his heart beat. "Joshua!" I basically yell because of another sharp pain going up my back.

He comes running from around the corner with a hammer in his hand but stops once he sees the blood. "The babies!" I yell out in pain. He drops the hammer and speeds over to me and picks me up bridal style we rush out of the room and down to the pack hospital.

There's something wrong with the twins!

I hear Joshua shout though the family link which means Sybil got the message and my family will be here soon.

"J-Joshua, don't let my babies die. If you have to choose between us, save them" I say to him as I see tears going down his eyes. "Shut up, nothings going to happen to either of you" he says as we enter the hospital. "Help! Somethings wrong" Joshua yells then we are soon surrounded by nurses and doctors. "She was laying in the bed asleep but she woke up to a puddle of blood between her legs and sharp back pains" he says quickly as he lays me down on the hospital bed and they start to cut my shorts off.

"Alright Luna, I'm just going to take a look" the doctor says propping my legs up. "What happen!?" My mom says as her and my dad walks into the room. "Dear goddess" my dad says then turns around. "I'll wait outside" he says leaving as Nichole and Rox walks through the door. "Ah fuck!" I yell as another pain shoots up my back. "Alright Luna, your definitely in labor and the fist baby girl is ready to come out so on the count of three I need you to push" the doctor said putting on gloves.

"What do I do?" Joshua asks. "Hold her hand and try to keep her calm. I'm not going to lie, it's going to hurt" the doctor says and Joshua does what he's told. "I can't, it's to early!" I yell out in pain. They aren't due for another two weeks.

"Yes you can and you will now push Winter" Joshua says and I do as told and push long and hard. So hard I almost faint. "That's good Luna, I need one more push then your first baby will be here" the doctor says looking at me but my eyes are really drowsy. "Alpha, she's losing her energy, get in the bed and sit right behind her. She needs to feel your energy and support" Joshua dose as told and gets in the bed with me and he lays his head in the crook of my neck. "Come on Flower, you got this. Bring our future Alpha and Beta into this world. Your strong my love. You can do this, I'm right here with you now one more push" feeling his strength rushing through me, I pushed and felt a release and heard the most beautiful cry in the world.

"My baby" Joshua and I say at the same time. "You want to cut the cord dad?" The doctor says as he puts my beautiful baby girl on my chest. Joshua quick nods his head and takes the scissors and cuts her cord. "She's beautiful Ash" My mom says kissing my head.

Two minutes later I felt another sharp pain and groaned. "Mom, take her" I say as I try to pick her up but I was to weak to do so. My mom quickly took my babygirl out of my arms and they took her to get cleaned up. "Alright Luna. Babygirl number two is ready to join her sister. I just need one big push alright?" Nodding my head I get ready to do as told. Joshua sits up more so that I'm in the pushing position and gives me a kiss on the temple. "One more push my love" He says kissing me again. Once the doctor gave me the go ahead, I did one pig push and felt yet another release and heard a beautiful and strong cry.

They cleaned her off a little and put her on my chest so Joshua could cut the cord then they took her to me measured and cleaned.

"Alright Luna, We're going to get you cleaned up. Alpha, you may go to the twins if you would like" the doctor said. "Go with them, make sure their alright. Count their toes and fingers" I said out of breath. He slowly got from behind me and helped me lay back then kissed me. "You did amazing flower. I'll be back with our baby girls ok" I gave him a weak smile and a nod then he left with the girls.

"You did amazing baby girl. I'm so proud of you" my mom says rubbing my head. I give a weak smile and close my eyes.

I'm so exhausted.

"Have you thought of names?" The nurse asks. I actually haven't till now and I think I know the perfect names for my girls. "I haven't until now but let me ask Joshua if he likes them" I say turning my head towards the door as Joshua, the girls and the rest of my family and his come in.

"This is baby A. She came out first" the nurse says placing my beautiful baby girl in my arms.

"And this is baby B. She came out two minutes after her sister" she says placing my other beautiful baby girl in my other arm.

Looking down at my babies, I've never felt so much love in my life. I couldn't stop myself from crying. "They're so beautiful" I say to myself but I know Joshua heard me because he nods his head. "They look so much like you" he says with tears running down his face.

"I was thinking. Devyn Irie Cruz and Skyler Rein Cruz" I say not looking up from my babies as they peacefully sleep in my arms. "I love it" Joshua says kissing my head. "Okok my turn" my dad says pushing Joshua out of the way. "Mine too" Alejandro says next. My dad takes Skyler and Ale take Devyn and all of the boys crowd around them taking pictures and making baby noises.

I can't believe that I'm a mom.