이십 이 - बावीस

"Sir." Gauravi greeted straightening her back on the seat. Ha Joon was beside her who gave her a questioning look at which she waved off.

"I didn't get any report from you Agent Apte." His voice came, stern and hard as always.

"Yes sir, I apologize. We ha-"

"I don't need reasons Apte, you know very well that I don't do well with pathetic reasons." Gauravi bit her tongue in order to keep the retorts coming out of her mouth.

"Sir, I apologize again." She grunted through her teeth, trying to control herself as much as she could.

"So? Do I have to call you each and every time to remind you of your duties? Start with your report Apte!" He ordered, his voice reaching few octaves higher than normal.

"Sir, Yes sir!" Gauravi stood up in attention as if he was standing in front of her. "Sir, according to the events happening we didn't find any suspicious thing as reported but we did found paparazzi with fake company identity cards. Now we are trying to search for the mole who sold the identity cards." Gauravi reported explaining her work she did until now.

"Hmmm, and what's your next step?"

"We are checking in the new staff members and also the HR for time being." She explained.

"Hmm good." She could feel him nodding his head as she thanked the stars that for once he approved of her ways. "Okay, I'll be expecting your next report soon."

"Yes, sir." She nodded, as he was about to hang up. "Sir?"

"Yes Agent Apte?" He was annoyed she could feel it from his tone of speaking yet she risked it since it seemed like god had smiled upon her.

"Sir would it be okay if I drop with whole you know manager and fangirl act? I mean it is only causing problems for me. It's hard to act like their fangirl when I don't know a first thing about being a fan. I mean I get it, giggling and screaming but that's not how I go. Sir, it's really difficult for me to you know act like...that." She concluded hoping he would agree and free her from that unwanted, extra curricular acting.

"Agent Apte?"

"Yes Sir."

"Do you remember what you said when I handed you this case?" Of course she remembers it. How could she forget that dreadful day?

********

"Agent Apte?" Gauravi groaned as she ducked her head avoiding being hit by the bullets that were being fired at them

"What?!" She shouted in anger. First of all she was on period and had to get on the field before her daily coffee and then one of team member had slipped and give away their position when she had specifically warned them to be cautious.

"It's Chief." He shouted back over the noise. Now one would question why is Chief calling the her teammate rather than the captain of team, which was her. Simple, she didn't wanted to be disturbed by anyone in such situation, but her stubborn Chief knew her very well. Groaning again she took the communicator from her fellow member.

"Yes Sir!"

"Agent Apte we want Nawab unharmed back here! Without any scratch! Do you hear me?" He commanded.

"But Sir-" Is he serious right now? How the fuck she was suppose to bring him back unharmed from this shootout. She was in their territory and bullets were raining on them without any stop. You don't go to most feared gang's territory and come back unharmed.