9. Dong Fu's Meets His Princess

Monday morning Dong Fu received a phone call that his laptop was fixed but it was his first day at work and he didn't want to be late, so he decided to collect it later. He was very enthusiastic and happy. He was going to earn his own money.

He wore a nice black formal suit. He looked at himself in the mirror and winked, 'You are going to kill many innocent hearts today.'

He rushed out of his apartment. The company was close by and would take around ten minutes by taxi. When he reached outside it was Sam was waiting for him, "What are you doing here?" Dong Fu asked.

Sam smiled, "That day you left in a hurry, I couldn't speak with you properly before."

Dong Fu didn't expect him to be here, "I haven't decided anything about the piano yet."

Sam was leaning on his car, his hands in pocket. "It's not about the piano. You must have read on my business card, I work for an entertainment company. Have you ever thought of giving an audition?"

Dong Fu didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Sam always had good eyes, "Did Conrad put you up to this? I have already rejected him."

Sam raised his brows "He made an offer to you?"

Dong Fu nodded, "Now if you would excuse me, I am getting late for work." He turned to leave.

"I could give you a ride." Sam was reluctant to let him go.

Dong Fu smirked and turned back, "No thanks, I am fine. It's not that far from here." Dong Fu had his own plans. For now, he would just play like a cat.

When Dong Fu walked into the company building, many people were seated in the waiting area. They were there for the auditions. Dong fu walked confidently, even though he wore a formal suit, one could still misunderstand. Their eyes squinted as they looked at the new completion. Dong Fu walked to the front desk, the ladies there blushed looking at his charming smile, "Are you here for an audition?"

Dong Fu smiled, "No, I have an appointment with Ms. Hua Mulan." He handed appointment letter to them, which was sent earlier to him by Mr. White.

Dong Fu was sent directly to the seventeenth floor to the department of Finance. He was going to work under department head Hua Mulan.

Not only her name was of a Disney character, she even looked like one. She showed him around the office considering he was recommended by her boss. She handed him a list of jobs to be done by him.

He looked at the tasks to be done and thought it was an insult to the education system and his degree. Besides finance-related work, other things included making coffee for Mulan, taking photocopies and printouts, filing papers, answering phone calls and most important was accompanying Lala to have fun. Dong Fu scratched his head, "Who is Lala?"

"Good you asked, here is the map, you will find her in this room. Make sure you serve the princess well." Mulan instructed and left.

At least Dong Fu had his own office space, it was a small cubical rather than just a desk and a chair. They were considerate about that. Though Mulan wanted to bully him, he would soon make sure she knows her place.

He followed the directions on the map drawn by Mulan, it was more like a maze. He took four wrong turns, ending up every time in the wrong room. He gave up and asked a young woman walking by. "Hello, do you know where I can find Ms. Lala?"

The woman blushed at first then asked, "Are you new here?"

Dong Fu cleared his throat, "Yeah."

"Which department you work for?" She asked again.