33. Jealous

Dong Fu saw Liang last at the hospital, after which he suddenly disappeared. He tried calling him, but there was no response from the other side. That made his days very cranky.

Dong Fu was in a bad mood all the time. Looking at his ashen face, the employees avoided him at all costs. Nobody from the finance department asked for a holiday or wished to go home early. Everyone crossed their hearts and worked overtime.

Sam had to go on the tour with the new band that was arranged under him to manage. He also took his wife along with him. He left Gold with Dong Fu whereas Lala was taken by her in-laws for some time.

Captain Ma Yo was waiting for Dong Fu at the visitor's lounge. "If you had requested, I would have come by myself to meet you, captain. What can I help you with?" Captain Ma Yo saw Dong Fu's serious face for the first time. He had never encountered this look.

The man took off his sunglasses and stared at the beautiful face, "How much do you know about your family?"

"Nothing much, my mother died when I was young and I was later taken to the US by my aunt. I never knew who my father was. Is this relevant to the case?" Dong Fu asked.

"We believe so, the two men who attacked you in the office. One of them said something about a warehouse. What is it?" Ma Yo asked.

Dong Fu couldn't speak lies. Captain Ma Yo must have already dug information on it. Or else he wouldn't come to ask him after so many days. He was trying to determine if Dong Fu was hiding something. "After my recovery from the hospital, I found a rental lease to a warehouse unit." He tapped on his phone a few times and passed it to the captain. "This is the address."

"You have forgotten everything, yet you haven't searched it yet? That's odd." Captain Ma Yo spoke with suspicion.

Dong Fu sighed, "As you have observed captain, I have been running in and out of the hospital. Also, I am multi-tasking here at the company. From where will I find free time to go and explore the warehouse?"

"Aren't you curious what it holds?" Captain asked.

"I am, but now that the bad guys want me to go there. I prefer not to." Dong Fu replied with innocence in his eyes.

The captain found the answer reasonable. He narrowed his eyes, "How about I go with you? That way you don't have to worry about anything."

Dong Fu simply nodded and agreed immediately. Presently his mind was floating somewhere else. Captain Ma Yo scheduled for them to go to the warehouse for the coming weekend.

Though Dong Fu was having a bad time, he had planned to meet his Sui's old friends, now his. He had delayed meeting them for a very long time. So he finally decided to go and have a little chat.

The only person he knew was Jerry. He didn't know the other two. But he was confident that they would like him. He wore jeans and white t-shirt. The weather was freezing cold. He wrapped himself in a faux fur coat, he looked like a panda with a small cute face.

The restaurant they were meeting was very famous for serving western cousin. He saw Jerry sitting at the corner table with two other guys. Dong Fu walked towards the three. He sat in an empty chair next to Jerry, "You sure know to choose place well."

Jerry chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, "You are the one paying, so of course I would choose a good one."

"How did you make a reservation here? You have to reserve this place well in advance." Dong Fu asked.

"You see the receptionist there?" Jerry asked and Dong Fu turned in the direction Jerry had pointed. "Well, I got to know her well. You know in bed." Jerry whispered and laughed.