56. Being played

Liang woke up after another nightmare. His forehead was covered in sweat and he panted heavily. In his dream, he saw Dong Fu standing in a rose garden admiring the roses. Liang called out for him and he turned back. He smiled brightly like a moon in the dark sky. Then his smile disappeared and his clothes were drenched in blood. The crimson colour liquid flowed down his face and he lost balance falling on the ground. Liang tried to reach him, the more he ran farther he seemed. By the time he reached him, the only thing that was left was a pool of blood.

He wiped his face with a napkin. He glanced around, the place was buzzing with people. They ran here and there yelling questions, the phones were consistently ringing. Sam sat beside him and passed him a cup of coffee. "Another nightmare?" He asked.

Liang nodded and sat properly on the bench. He had these crazy dreams since the night his baby had disappeared. He barely slept an hour or two per day. Today was the sixth day. With the help of Daniel's contact, they tracked down the car that kidnapped Dong Fu. Something even Ma Yo couldn't do. Liang didn't know what methods Daniel used, but he paid a huge sum to the party to find him.

Liang didn't care about the money. All he wanted was his person back, alive and safe. Since last night they were trying to find the car's location. Liang had not left the station since then, he slept the night there and so did Sam. The internet and media were buried with news about Dong Fu's kidnapping.

Ma Yo walked and stood in front of the two men who looked half as shit, "We found the van in which Feng Sui was kidnapped. It belongs to the chief, he had purchased it recently. The K9's confirmed that Dong Fu was in there. The car was found abandoned in the forest. The dogs are tracking his scent. You should go home, I will inform you the moment we find something."

"No, I am coming with you. I want to be there." Liang stood up and fixed his clothes. Sam too was ready to go. Ma Yo was afraid, they found some traces of blood in the van. They don't know whom it belonged to but it matched Dong Fu's type. They sent it further for DNA testing.

The kidnapping wasn't like others where they called to ask for a ransom. Such kidnappings usually didn't end well and he didn't want Liang and Sam to be there if they found the worst. But the two insisted nevertheless.

The chief was missing again, but this time, they were looking for a kidnapper.

After driving for two hours they finally started viewing the scenery change outside. The city was left behind and the road got bumpier. The climate became colder and the surroundings changed to a deep forest. There was a motorable road, but it was muddy and bumpy. The road was used as a shortcut by some villagers to transport goods.

They reached a campsite set up by the police. They had set up the parameter. A helicopter was roaming around trying to find any traces of people in the forest. There were many officers since they declared the case as a critical missing.

The van that was found in the woods was toed and brought at the camp. Liang saw it and rushed to it. He was stopped by some of the officers to go further. They couldn't let anyone, contaminate any evidence left behind. But through its open doors, he saw the blood.

"Whose blood is that?" He asked with worry in his eyes. The officers tried to hold him back, "Let me go, tell me whose blood it is. I want to know." He questioned and screamed at the officers.

"Calm down Mr. Wang. If you continue being like this, we will have to detain you." The officer pushed Liang back. Sam pulled Liang, "It's alright, they will find him. Let them do their work."

Sam could see the worry in Liang's eyes. He was equally devastated, but there was no use of losing his mind. He pulled Liang into a camp and passed him water. "He is going to be okay."