95. How to smoke a butler?

The butler was called into the witness box. His previous statements were read out loud and the old man agreed that it was his words. He was asked by the prosecutor to tell what happened on the night of the murder.

He stated that Feng Sui and Akira were meeting privately in the study. After a few minutes, the gunshots were heard. Aiko asked him to call the cops whereas she went to check what had happened. After which he heard her scream. He pulled the madam out of the room and waited for thecops to come.

Once the prosecutor was done asking him questions, it was Ryan's turn. Ryan whispered in Dong Fu's ears, at which the younger replied, "Smoke him."

Ryan walked to where the old butler sat comfortably. "For how long have you been working for the Tanata family?"

"For nineteen years, Sir." The butler replied.

"And you live in the Tanata's mansion?"

"Yes, sir."

"Can you please tell us about your personal life and family?"

"My family lives in the city, I go over to meet them once a week. My wife stitches articles of clothing for infant babies, my daughter is studying at the university and my son is a high school student."

Ryan smiled, "Do you contact them every day?"

The butler nodded, "I call them once after every two days, but I make sure to send my children good wishes every morning immediately after I wake up."

Ryan nodded, "Hmmm, You are a good father. Going through the finances of Mr. Akira we found the monthly salary he paid to you. Can you please confirm to the court if this is what you received in return for your services?"

The butler looked at the statement and nodded, "Yes, this is what he paid me. He was a generous man."

Ryan smiled, "He was, did you ever receive red envelopes from him?"

The butler scratched his head, "He would, before the festivals. But he would send it for my kids, not me."

Ryan replied, "That's nice to hear. Since you worked there for a long time, you must have had a good relationship with others working there including Mrs. Tanana?"

The butler nodded, "Yes, sir. She is a very kind lady. Feng Sui is lying."

"Did madam Aiko leave the mansion the day Mr. Tanata was murdered?"

"No, sir, she didn't. She was at home the entire time."