21. Countdown of 48 hours

Dong Fu was still not in his right mind. He was half asleep and his eyes had turned red from slumber.

He saw Liang spouting some words in anger. He couldn't hear what the other person was saying, but he knew why he was here. The wound was paining a lot, diverting his attention.

"You think you can get away with making fun of me? And now trying to mock me by sending flowers, that he loved. I don't care what you did with my dad's company nor do I care about that girl. But don't you dare send me roses and try to pretend to be him. I won't fall for it." Liang spouted in rage. The red roses that Dong Fu had sent were thrown like junk on his face. The thrones on the flower stem scratched his face, while crimson droplets formed on his cheek through the fine cracks.

He had no idea what Liang was saying, this was not something he had planned for. Dong Fu expected Liang to be angry and feel disgusted towards him for other reasons. He didn't know which 'he' Liang was talking about.

Tao was behind, pulling Liang away asking him to stop, "Whatever reason you have in your mind for getting close to me, you better get rid of that idea." Liang turned to leave.

Dong Fu held on to Liang's arms and said with a deep sorrowful and hoarse voice, "Don't leave." There was a feeling of loneliness in that voice. His eyes were red and filled with tears, as he looked at Liang with affectionate and tender eyes.

"Don't touch me." Liang pulled his hand and pushed the other person away. Dong Fu fell back. He was trying to grasp the situation, trying to figure out who he was pretending to be. He didn't move, nor he looked up at Liang. He just stood there with his head lowered. Liang saw the blood-red stain on the wall, but ignored it and walked away.

Tao tried to help Dong Fu stand properly, he saw the look in Dong Fu's eyes. His eyes were red and misty and tears were rolling down his beautiful cheeks. Dong Fu's lips were trembling, his thin back and sorry figure broke the Tao's heart. He saw that his shoulder was bleeding.

The agent apologized, Dong Fu shook his head and wiped his tears, "it's okay, please leave me alone."

Tao didn't know what to say further. He left quietly. Dong Fu had his head down in the palms of his hand. Dong Fu heard the agent's steps disappear in the direction of the elevator, but he heard another pair footsteps that left to the opposite side, to the emergency exits.

Dong Fu was a little shocked, then smiled and quietly followed the pair of footsteps. He looked at the person from the corner and heard him speak on the phone.

Dong Fu's eyes and lips curved up like a devil looking at his prey to devour the man near the staircase. He tiptoed back to his cabin and changed his expressions to sorry figure. He kept crying as the shadow returned and observed him from far.

Liang was sitting in his agent's office, his mood unsettled. His agent walked in, his expression was blank and he didn't utter a word to Liang. He took the chocolates that Dong Fu had sent and turned to leave.

"Where are you taking them?" Liang asked.

"Didn't you say earlier, that they disgusted you? I am taking it and giving it to my girlfriend." He said with a mocking tone, he wasn't in a good mood either.

Liang raised his brows, "Isn't that someone else's gift?"

"It doesn't matter, she wouldn't know. Besides, some people know how to appreciate things." His agent packed his things to leave. The office hours had ended long back.

When he reached near the door, he heard Liang speak, "I didn't push him that hard, did I? Why was he bleeding?"His face was full of worry.

His agent looked at him in the eyes, "Liang, sometimes you are a jerk. That boy.." he pressed his lips together... "I don't want to even say it...."