98. Jealous of a Man

Ryan called the bodyguard to stand to answer since he was involved in it. The prosecutor didn't have anything else to present, their witness who was going to testify that Feng Sui had confessed to him was dead. They wanted to point his death to Feng Sui to make sure the evidence stands and they won't lose the face. However, the investigation came clean.

"For how long were you working for Feng Sui and Wang Liang?" Ryan asked.

"Just for a few months." The other replied.

"And do you know the reason why you were hired? Were there any threats to their life?"

"As much as I know, my employer was very worried after the public criticized and blamed Feng Sui for his early retirement from the industry. Since Feng Sui was already troubled a lot in the past, Mr. Wang thought it would be better for someone to be around Feng Sui."

"Can you describe the kind of person Feng Sui is?"

"Feng Sui always respected those who worked around him. Though he complained a lot about people harassing him, he didn't hate them. He didn't even bother to reply to the people who posted bad about him. He would spend time reading books, cooking, or playing with the pets."

"Do you remember what happened on the night of the party?" Ryan asked.

"Yes, I remember, I remember Mr. Wang and Mr. Zhang returning early that night. They wanted to have a chat in private, I asked Mrs. Zhang to take a sit in the outdoor garden. That's when we heard the argument going. After some time, Mr. Zhang left the house. Madam Ziyi thanked me and followed him in a hurry. I went to see if Mr. Wang needed help, but he wanted space. However, I stayed close by. Then I heard him crashing and breaking things in the house."

"What happened next?"

The bodyguard took a deep breath, "I saw that a car approached the gate, but didn't enter. So, I went to take a look. That's when I saw Feng Sui talking to Madam Ziyi. I think Mr. Zhang went somewhere, so my boss asked her to wait inside until he returns. She refused and insisted on staying there. So, the boss asked me to keep her company. Then we heard Mr. Wang yelling in the house."

The bodyguard then looked at Ziyi. He felt awkward as to how to explain the truth. "My boss, they were arguing about something, I paid no attention to it. When the two became silent, I saw Miss Ziyi standing awkwardly. When I asked her if she was okay, she felt embarrassed. She said that her menstrual cycle was running and she needed help."

Ziyi rose from her seat denying the bodyguard's words, "I did not. I didn't tell him that. I swear I didn't. I didn't have periods during those days."

The judge asked her to sit and that she would be given an opportunity to speak.

The bodyguard continued, "I asked her to rest on the bench inside the compound while I go to the pharmacy and buy tampons for her. She was very thankful for that. It was awkward for me, but ..... After I returned everyone was gone. I was confused, then I found Mr. Wang passed out in the living room. I helped him to his room after which I joined my partner to keep watch. I found out the next day that Feng Sui left after the fight."

Ryan presented CCTV photos of the bodyguards buying tampons on that night. He also paid using a credit card, confirming that he did buy them.

Ziyi argued from where she stood that she did not have periods. She was yelling, asking her husband to tell everyone that she wasn't on periods.

She was finally given a chance to express her words. She was called to the witness stand where she argued why a woman would ask a strange man to buy her tampons. She even showed the court marked days of her menstrual cycle on the app. The court confirmed on the past cycle dates that she did not have periods that night.