15. A Lie from the Beginning

Mr. Wang was sitting in his study, working on his laptop. His eyebrows were deeply knitted, as he continued typing. Liang walked inside and sat leisurely opposite him. His eyes were bright and lips curved up in a smile. He was tossing an apple from one hand to another, "You wanted to talk to me, dad?"

Mr. Wang looked at his son, his face still ashen, "Are you happy about something?"

"Just something, you don't look happy though. Is there any issue at the company?" Liang asked.

Mr. Wang didn't want to waste time. He showed the picture of Liang having his hand around Sui's waist. Liang saw the picture and was baffled. "Are you keeping tabs on me now?"

"I am not. It's him I am keeping tabs on. I want you to stay away from him." His father pointed at Feng Sui on the photo.

Liang kept the apple aside, "Dad, you never objected whom I was interested in earlier." His voice was grumpy.

"Not this one though, don't get close to him. I never restricted you to do anything. When you said you wanted to be an actor, I didn't object either. So, be good and listen to me this once." His father's decision sounded firm.

"But why? He is a nice guy." Liang mentioned.

"And how well do you know him? How many times did you meet or how much did he tell you about himself? He is a liar and a parasite. He shouldn't even exist on this planet. Such kind of man should be beaten in public." Mr. Wang's eyes flashed with anger and resentment.

Liang pressed his lips into a thin line, "Dad...How could you say something like that about him?" The last time he saw his dad boiling with anger was when his mom took custody of Liang and took him away.

Mr. Wang took deep breaths to calm his anger. Once he calmed down, he spoke, "Feng Sui and his mother Feng Sara Jin moved to Springs Willow around seventeen years ago. You wouldn't know about them. During that time you were in London with your mom.

You might have heard about his mother in your line of work, she was an actress. She was nice, kind, cheerful, warm and had a beautiful smile. She would cook and send meals over sometimes."

"I don't like where you are going. Is Feng Sui my half brother?" Liang's jumped to a conclusion.

Elder Wang wanted to puke, "Nonsense, she never had any interest in me. Where was I? Yeah, her son was the complete opposite. He was quite and would rarely converse with others. At times, one would find him sitting and talking to nothing."

"Sara Jin died when he was twelve or thirteen, she overdosed on sleeping pills. She was very friendly, she never mentioned to anyone, anything about taking sleeping pills or that she was having trouble with sleeping. On the other hand it was Sui who did, she used to take him to a psychiatrist due to his weird behaviour."

"Before she died, they was a huge fight in their house. It was two people arguing, a man and a woman. I went to see what the issue was. I saw Sui leave the house with a dark expression on his face, after which there was only silence. I asked Sara Jin if everything was okay and she just smiled, though her eyes spoke something else. I saw fear in her eyes and they were red like she had been crying."

"The next day the maid found Sara Jin dead, in her bed. The entire house was a mess and turned upside down, there were signs of struggle. They found Sara Jin's fingerprints on the pill bottle and a note, saying 'Sui, I am sorry.'

"Sui was the primary suspect because many people had heard them argue the night before. He said he never came back that night and slept in the park. There wasn't enough evidence to prove him as a killer. The time of death was after Sui left, but nobody knew if he came back to finish what he had started."