14. His Will

The word murder triggered alarm in Dong Fu's mind. He starred at Sam for a while with a dubious expression, and then started laughing. "Okay Sam, I know it was wrong to prank you, but you don't have to do the same to me."

Sam's expression didn't change, it was as serious as before. Dong Fu saw the look and stopped laughing, "You are joking, right?"

Sam shook his head, "Around two months before your first heart attack, your sister recommended some mixed green vegetable powder to be mixed in water, saying it's good for your health and whatnot. We had done full medical check-up before, you were fine. After you started consuming that thing, you started getting headaches and later you had first attack, it was mild and nothing to worry about."

"The doctor prescribed you medication, he also said that green vegetables were good for you, so the food supplement wasn't a problem. After your death, your mother and sister were sad and crying but then, I saw them giggling and laughing the very next day when I went to drop Poko's things at their place. When they saw me, their expressions changed to that of a thief caught in the act."

Dong Fu rolled his eyes, "Tell me you are not concluding that I was killed by them because they were laughing."

"Will you let me continue?" Sam asked and Dong Fu agreed, "Go ahead."

"What you have in your hand is not an autopsy report but a postmortem report. Since you had a previous history of a heart condition and your continuous work schedule, sleepless night and some other tests, the doctor declared your death due to cardiac arrest. "

"I had some doubts, so I requested to do an autopsy but it needs to be authorized by police or an investigator or some higher authority. I wasn't your family, I didn't have any stand at all. No one paid attention to what I had to say. "

"So I paid someone to sneak in, he collected your post mortem blood and did toxicology report, while they kept your body at the morgue. The person found traces of a huge amount of ephedrine in your body.

We worked together, ate at the same places, almost the same food. So I did a blood test to verify and there was none in my system."

"That food supplement... I went back to your apartment to find it, but the powder was replaced with a new one. When your sister brought the powder, I read all the details, the ingredients, the manufacturer's reputation, and FDA reports online.

I remembered the one you were using, was manufactured around six months ago but the one I found at your apartment later, was manufactured two months before your death, also it looked new."

"The only people who knew the pass code to your house was me and Yu Ran. I didn't switch the powdered bottle nor did you. So, the only person left was Yu Ran. When I asked her, she told me she has no idea what I was talking about, but I saw the nervousness in her eyes. I went to find the bottle from which you drank that juice last, it wasn't there. Yu Ran again denied everything. Though she had an opportunity, she didn't have a motive or not that I know of. The only person I could think of was your sister."

"I spoke with your lawyer, the lab report that I paid for was not authorized, also the tests were conducted by an unauthorized person and the court won't accept its authenticity.

Even though it was your sister who gave you the powder, there is no proof that she added the ephedrine in it, or that it was in it, in the first place.

I don't know much about ephedrine but it's not good for the heart and can lead a person to death."

"The lawyer told me there was no way to prove it came from her. Everyone would be the witness saying you and your sister were on good terms, there is no way she would hurt you since you treated her so nice."