40. Dinner

The death of a 42-year-old, Micheal Owens caused havoc in the business economy. Having invested in various companies, their stock prices dropped greatly. Many new risk ventures in which he was going to invest also suffered a huge loss.

The one who freaked out the most was Dong Fu. Not even a month had passed since the beating incident, but he didn't regret his actions. He just didn't want to go to jail or anyone to point at him.

This time the authorities had no choice but to announce that the man was killed by a serial killer. The details of the case were made known to the public. Such brutal murders created fear and terror in the minds of the public and they panicked.

Captain Ma Yo had too much on his plate. He didn't know how to add a ghost on a suspect list. In the murder case of Zaro, the fingerprint on the bottle wasn't enough proof to prove that the man was alive. The bottle was out in the open for a very long time. A man who came and disappeared like a ghost wouldn't leave a trace behind. Or maybe he did on purpose. He didn't know how he chose the victims or who they were.

He had been labelled as a psycho killer but Ma Yo believed that he was very intelligent and skilled. He killed them for a reason or else he wouldn't have given him six months to discover the truth. A psycho serial killer wouldn't give time to a cop and spare his victims.

His only hope was to solve the incident that happened 24 years ago. He looked at the email that he had received. He stared at it for a long time. He couldn't tell anyone it was from him. There was no proof of that. Also, the killer had mentioned that the evidence was forged. He didn't trust the killer, but he trusted his instincts. Someone was cooking something dirty and it smelled like shit.

He double-clicked on the email he had received from an unknown sender. There was a photo of a building which looked burned and abandoned. There was a big board displaying the name of the facility, 'Sanokaya Laboratories'. There was another image where Zaro was pointing a gun at four people. They all wore lab coats.

He squinted his eyes and took a print out of it. He went to pick up the printout. After he came back the email was gone, like it wasn't there. He quickly checked in all the emails but it wasn't. A message box popped out, it looked like a normal computer error.

'Error101: the delivery of other materials will be made soon after you make some progress.' After twenty seconds it was gone.

Ma Yo immediately called the IT department to verify if there was any sort of virus on his computer. The IT personnel verified everything but they found nothing wrong.

Ma Yo sighed and leaned his head on the chair. Someone knocked on his door. He looked up and he saw his subordinate pointing towards the entrance of the station.

Through his office glass window, he saw a man in his late fifties, half-bald with a fat nose, face full of pimples and a huge round tummy, walk inside carrying boxes. This man was the detective connected with the incident that happened twenty-four years ago.

He wondered why the man on the phone had warned him about the evidence being forged.

On the other side, Dong Fu calmed down after he received a phone call from Liang. His man had asked him to have dinner with him that brought delight in Dong Fu's life. He happily jumped like a kid. He immediately delivered the news to Sam. Sam only rolled his eyes, young love was sure exciting.

Liang texted him that he would pick him up at the office. When he got downstairs, Liang was waiting for him leaning on his sports car. He wore a casual Yam colored shirt topped by a black leather jacket, a slim fit black jeans finished and dark brown Chelsa boots. His hairs were messy and lips curved up on one side, giving a seductive smile.